Black Dye Tubs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Finesse

Re: Black Dye Tubs

Post by Finesse »

i can explain why there given limited charges

derrick doesnt want to add to much fancy [care bear] gear to his shard thats understandable and thats why he wants to keep simple rares as rare.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

understood Finesse, but the only way to get a Black Tub or a Furniture Dye Tub is with trophy points, and the majority of people here won't be able to afford one for a long time ...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

easy fix how about no furny tubs because there gay

and give out black dye tubs for christmas next year, but make sure that they can be dyed with normal dyes (if thats possible) that might make them somewhat valuable (if enough get ruined).

the only thing is people who spent there award points on dye tubs will be upset but who cares, isn't the fact that they had fun in the tourneys award enough? you cant always cater to everyone, and in time they will release it was best.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

uo is designed as a free trade world any class in uo can make enough gold to buy anything from another player.

keep it the way it is otherwise soon enough people will be saying there not rare enough and whats the point.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

It is OSI/T2A accurate to dick over a group of players.

I say add them in! :D

Edit: Remember neon hair dye before Christmas? Very few people had it, now you can get it after an hour or 2 of farming and a 2 minute search on the forums
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

the only thing is people who spent there award points on dye tubs will be upset but who cares, isn't the fact that they had fun in the tourneys award enough? you cant always cater to everyone, and in time they will release it was best.
But who cares? What an ignorant and self centered comment. The people who spent hundreds of thousands of gold on the points, and spent hours and hours in the tournies care. You state "you can't always cater to everyone", yet you're asking the server to cater to you. You sir, are an ignorant hypocrite.

If you want one so bad, go save up enough points to get one yourself. It's not like they are no longer available.

The real question is, who cares that you don't have a tub because you're too lazy to save up enough points yourself to get one, and instead want one given out to you as if this server has a welfare line.

Answer: I don't care, and i doubt many others will either.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Why not buy one? Surely the good pvpers have several?

Has anyone ever seen one for sale anywhere?

If so how much?

Only having played for a week you will have to excuse my ignorance on their rarity. For all I know they are the hardest item to get using the tournament points.

But in my experience everyone has a price :) I paid 7 million for my first castle to be sold a year later for 40 million (where the heck anyone gets 40 million from is beyond me) but as supply and demand goes - if you have something someone wants, eventually they will find your price.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Coffee, Rocks (Rocksinhead), me, Mens Raes (sui juris), platypus, and a few others I'm not aware of, have black cloth, and will sell bolts of it. This is a much cheaper alternative to buying a dye tub, though it obviously will not allow you to dye kite shields and boots :\

I suggest contacting one of the above players if you'd like bolts of black cloth.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Kefka wrote:
But who cares? What an ignorant and self centered comment. The people who spent hundreds of thousands of gold on the points, and spent hours and hours in the tournies care. You state "you can't always cater to everyone", yet you're asking the server to cater to you. You sir, are an ignorant hypocrite.

If you want one so bad, go save up enough points to get one yourself. It's not like they are no longer available.

The real question is, who cares that you don't have a tub because you're too lazy to save up enough points yourself to get one, and instead want one given out to you as if this server has a welfare line.

Answer: I don't care, and i doubt many others will either.
dude i would rather it be the way it is now but as road kill said its era accurate to screw over players, i was just making the suggestion that i felt would be most era accurate as it seems thats whats being called into question in this thread. i apologize if my post came off as lacking in empathy, honestly im fine with my newbie clothes and a store bought dye tub. you should understand though that this is only a game and if you spent hours and hours in a tournament and you didnt have fun doing it you probably wasted your time, i mean if they didn't give out points for trophys wouldn't you still participate in tournaments. wow did i spell realize as release hmm i am ignorant apparently but im not a hypocrite.

Ps. I'm going to start typing my posts like you as grammatical as possible.

EDIT: i stopped liking pure black once i hit puberty

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

black dye tubs should definatly be unlimited charges. black dye wasnt even a rare item in t2a, everyone had black cloths. my whole guild wore black and yellow the whole time i played t2a, something i cannot do here. for the sake of accuracy, remove the single charge and make them unlimited. even if that means making them cost more points or whatever. i just wanna be able to dye death robes. its rediculous that someone should have to dye 60k cloth and make a new outfit from scratch every time they die just to wear the colors they desire. this was not at all how it was on OSI, and it should be changed.

black should not be this rare

Senses

Post by Senses »

...you *can* wear black and yellow. Your whole guild can wear black and yellow. There is absolutely nothing on this server stopping you from doing so. Why do people even think this is an issue?

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

I strongly believe black dye tubs should be left as is.

It adds a great addition to the uosa economy. It allows players with large amounts of capital to actually invest their money in something, and for players like myself who buy the cloth to craft it and resell, it creates profit for others as well.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

the point is black dye tubs were NOT that rare on OSI. they sold for around 20k or less typically. with limited charges a player cannot dye a series of outfits black unless he dyes cloth and then produces the clothing with a tailor. its a very annoying and inaccurate step for trying to do something as simple as wear your guild colors.

black dye is not trammy, or "care bear" or whatever the fuck people are calling it. it was in the game pret2a (through a bug of course), and well after t2a. it is part of recreating the t2a experience. so i say fuck the charges, make them accurate. even if that means making them cost more trophy points, i dont care.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

i dont remeber black dye tubs ever selling for 20k to be honest.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

ClowN wrote:the point is black dye tubs were NOT that rare on OSI. they sold for around 20k or less typically. with limited charges a player cannot dye a series of outfits black unless he dyes cloth and then produces the clothing with a tailor. its a very annoying and inaccurate step for trying to do something as simple as wear your guild colors.

black dye is not trammy, or "care bear" or whatever the fuck people are calling it. it was in the game pret2a (through a bug of course), and well after t2a. it is part of recreating the t2a experience. so i say fuck the charges, make them accurate. even if that means making them cost more trophy points, i dont care.
Aye.

I remember always dying my Thigh Boots black, nothing but the boots, and it was a part of my outfit, it's just not the same with not being able to dye your boots black. I know it's POSSIBLE, but who in their right mind would "waste" a charge on a pair of boots not even blessed?

Frack the economy, it means nothing, the shard will survive even IF this would have an actual impact on the economy.