Blessed Items should break from damage REDUX!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage REDUX!

Post by Ohm »

They should not break because they have been grandfathered in.
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Ohm wrote:They should not break because they have been grandfathered in.
It is not a typical grandfathering, though.

In this case, we have actually added a mechanic/new state for these items. "Super blessed", if you will. I can go into more depth on this if you like.

The reason these items have never been affected is because Derrick told the original purchasers that they would never break. I have discussed this with Derrick a number of times and he would like to keep his word on this matter.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Anarcho wrote: The reason these items have never been affected is because Derrick told the original purchasers that they would never break. I have discussed this with Derrick a number of times and he would like to keep his word on this matter.

Discussion over. Please lock the thread as there are no other reasons to post in it.

Brules

Post by Brules »

When will you release item bless deeds then?

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Anarcho wrote: The reason these items have never been affected is because Derrick told the original purchasers that they would never break. I have discussed this with Derrick a number of times and he would like to keep his word on this matter.

Discussion over. Please lock the thread as there are no other reasons to post in it.
hardly discussion over as derrick can also be quoted saying that this mechanic made out of thin air to keep the 1% happy was a step in correcting the mater "for now" everyones had plenty of time with stupid bs crap just reset the damage on the stupid things just let them take damage and break properly and be done with it already. You nerds said automated events were coming back for ages to and what came of that.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Dunder Mifflin Inc

iamreallysquall wrote:

hardly discussion over as derrick can also be quoted saying that this mechanic made out of thin air to keep the 1% happy was a step in correcting the mater "for now" everyones had plenty of time with stupid bs crap just reset the damage on the stupid things just let them take damage and break properly and be done with it already. You nerds said automated events were coming back for ages to and what came of that.

Go do something with your life

Populus

Post by Populus »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:Go do something with your life
Yeah Lelouche. Stop contributing to the discussion you jerk! How dare you actually present some proper reason to this whole issue. I think we can all agree this discussion would be a lot better off without you -because without you we could ignore the shard's objective each to our own and live in our privileged bubbles of comfort where our shiny pixels don't disappear.
Can't you see how much we value our blessed pixels? We're even going so far to question reason, logic and we insult those who do not share our love for precious, virtual and shiny pixels.

Disclaimer: I am most nerds in this thread.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Populus wrote:
Yeah Lelouche. Stop contributing to the discussion you jerk! How dare you actually present some proper reason to this whole issue. I think we can all agree this discussion would be a lot better off without you -because without you we could ignore the shard's objective each to our own and live in our privileged bubbles of comfort where our shiny pixels don't disappear.
Can't you see how much we value our blessed pixels? We're even going so far to question reason, logic and we insult those who do not share our love for precious, virtual and shiny pixels.

The God of the shard has stated he will honor his statement. Therefore, these will never break. We all know he is honorable and will never go back on his word so just give up. It will NEVER happen. End of discussion.

Find a new topic to revolve your life around becuase if you stick with this one then your life is pretty much meaningless.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

There shouldn't be any picking and choosing about what gets grandfathered and what doesn't.

If that were the case, we might as well get rid off all the foot stool staircases and all the other things that have been grandfathered in over the years
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Populus

Post by Populus »

Populus wrote:

The God of the shard has stated he will honor his statement. Therefore, these will never break. We all know he is honorable and will never go back on his word so just give up. It will NEVER happen. End of discussion.

Find a new topic to revolve your life around becuase if you stick with this one then your life is pretty much meaningless.
We don't get to create our own interpretations of Derrick's words. I'm sure a statement from Derrick in regards to whether or not he said ".. for now.." would hammer the final nail to this coffin.
Assuming he did say ".. for now.." it does imply that the decision was temporary and Derrick wanted more time to decide the final decision. If he does not confirm or deny that he said this we're back to shouting "Break!" and "No break!" like the trolls we all are.

Ever heard of projection? I'm sure you have and that you'll find this topic is only continued because you feel you're entitled to pixels even if it defies the rules in place. But I'll be perfectly blunt and honest with you - seeing you get griefed within the confines of shard rules would give me great pleasure and joy. cA always play by the rules and cA always wins.

Break!
ImageImageImage
[cA]

iamreallysquall

the 1 % need to let go and let em take damage and break so they can bank sit in trammel fashion

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Coincidentally, I recently lost out bidding on some gf sandals. So quite spitefully, as painful as it is for me to admit this, I support squal in his redundant crusade to hate on fielding trammelites. :lol:
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

iamreallysquall

to the top !bump

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Are blessed items breakable yet? It's been several years since we learned through research (demo testing and UO patch notes) that these items should become breakable. Certainly this change has been added by now.