Clicking house signs as a ghost

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Clicking house signs as a ghost

Post by Elk Eater »

Currently you are unable to view a houses age/status by single-clicking it as a ghost. I can't find any patch notes from UOSA or OSI regarding this, and it was (and probably still is) possible on OSI.

Why is this NEA change in place?
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

nolove

Re: Clicking house signs as a ghost

Post by nolove »

SIGNED!

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

This change came about during the Telamon days. Not sure why it was implemented. I always assumed someone was found to be cheating via ghost, and that was staff's answer to solve the problem, or that a group of players complained about ppl using ghosts for idocing and somehow convinced staff to do something about it.

I would love to see staff fix this.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Suggestions should come with documentation to support it.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

This was in place on UOSA and removed, no documentation on the removal that I can find. I presume in the demo it allows clicking signs as a ghost, but if the staff can easily answer why it was legitimately removed there's no reason to decompile the demo to dig.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

It happened sometime after Patch 144.

Here's a thread Sandro posted identifying the ninja patch which looks like it happened sometime after Patch 144. I looked through the patch notes during these time frames and wasn't able to identify anything stated why it was patched.

If you read the thread there are a few predictions as to why it was removed, but no legit answer from staff. I believe it was just being abused and somehow the abuse trumped era-accuracy and was thus removed. If that were true, it must've been bad since we still have other crap like targeting underneath keeps and towers to attack people.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Downs

Post by Downs »

if i recall, there was an issue with people using 3rd party programs to single click signs as a ghost to time idocs, and that was the solution to stopping it.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

The only abuse I can think of is allowing folks to get house timers via third party program. I find it hard to believe though that such abuse outweighs era accuracy especially with LOS stuff like hicha mentioned, and given that people can still get timers afk with razor.

At a recent gathering for a timer I had to constantly run a drobe character back to the sign to click it to watch it when I could have just left a ghost there and clicked it every couple of minutes.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I've done some digging to see if there was any documentation to back up this change, and I can't find anything. I also can't find any internal documentation on when or why this change was made, so it certainly looks as if this is a change that should be reverted. Thank you for pointing this out.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Kaivan wrote:I've done some digging to see if there was any documentation to back up this change, and I can't find anything. I also can't find any internal documentation on when or why this change was made, so it certainly looks as if this is a change that should be reverted. Thank you for pointing this out.
There went the IDOC game :(
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Kaivan wrote:I've done some digging to see if there was any documentation to back up this change, and I can't find anything. I also can't find any internal documentation on when or why this change was made, so it certainly looks as if this is a change that should be reverted. Thank you for pointing this out.
<3 Thanks, Kaivan!

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

UOSA staff ftw!
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Any update on the status of this? :D

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Elk Eater wrote:Any update on the status of this? :D

Expect results Q3 2016. Housing patch is due Q2 2015

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

this went into efect today
irc axejunkie