Harm spell

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Harm spell

Post by Roser »

It is evident that when a spell is resisted it will not cause spell interruption on the target. This (I'm pretty sure) is why sometimes people can greater heal though an offensive spell.

Spell interruption is a normal thing, and works most of the time with spells (non physical damage) unless resisted. However, physical damage will interrupt a spell 100% of the time (hally hit, punch, etc).

That being said, harm is the only physical damage spell in UO (as seen in recent patch notes, changes to harm). Should harm interrupt 100% like other physical damage? Currently if you resist a harm, you can heal though it despite taking physical damage.

I'm using greater heal as an example spell here, any other spell can swap its place.

Any thoughts?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Harm spell

Post by Roser »

Ran some test's got some Data....

Spell circle plays into interruption, lower circles are more difficult to interrupt than higher, with 1st circle being almost impossible to interrupt, and 8th circle being very easy to interrupt. In the case of greater heal (4th circle), its roughly a 25% chance to resist an interrupt.

I was wrong about physical damage interrupting 100% of the time, it seems to be about the same interrupt rate as any other spell.

Things begin to get strange when trying to find out what exactly causes an interruption. Damage does not seem to be a factor as a de-buff will interrupt. Physical damage also does not seem to be a factor, as 1 damage can interrupt just as well as 6 or higher.

After about 10 mins of testing I would have to conclude that resisting spell interruption is based only off the circle you are trying to interrupt. I am going to fudge some numbers below to give a rough idea of what I saw when testing.

Chance to resist interrupt...

1st circle - 99% chance
2nd circle - 75% chance
3rd circle - 50% chance
4th circle - 25% chance
5th circle - 12% chance
6th circle - 6% chance
7th circle - 3% chance
8th circle - 1% chance

Keep in mind these numbers are not accurate, but represent a close estimate.

It does not matter which spell you use to interrupt, only the timing matters. Physical interruptions act the same as spell interruptions.
I wonder if anything else is supposed to play into this, or is the spell circle the sole factor?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Spell interruption considers multiple factors.

Damage - Spell Circle Being Interrupted - Caster's Magery Skill

Also, spells checked for an interruption twice unlike weapons during this era. Theoretically, spell interruption when conducted by a spell is more reliable than weapon damage due to this known bug. The only negative to spell damage interruption is the chance that the person can resist the spell.

Check out this old thread.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Who are you?
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Faust

Post by Faust »

Abyz wrote:Who are you?
The one and only... son. :wink:

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

lol hey Faust :P

That old thread you linked has some good info. Im not so sure about spells having a double interrupt function right now, it seems to be about the same as physical damage interruptions.

After reviewing and testing in game, it seems like things are working as intended.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Faust wrote:
Abyz wrote:Who are you?
The one and only... son. :wink:
:D
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com