[custom] good idea imo

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Finesse

[custom] good idea imo

Post by Finesse »

invite a new player system

basicly this is a system to incorage people to bring friends to the shard my idea is that when you open a new account on a new ip you get a box coming up asking you who told you about the shard the player you name in that box receives a special prize my idea would be something that is worth while ie a +10 skillball limited to certain skills [none of the really hard ones taming ect] that is account bound no one else can use it. in turn the new player gets a +5 skillball.

how to stop abuse with this system make it unique with ips so you only get this offer on your first account and you cannot name a char on another that you own.

ClowN

Re: [custom] good idea imo

Post by ClowN »

i like the idea, but not with skill balls. i think the reward should be something era accurate. like a random spawning rare or something like that. i dont really know

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Fireworks want ftw
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

skillballs arnt any era accurate however it doesnt effect the eco at all if there account bound and i beleive would incorage people to invite.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

People are not going to stay because they have ten extra skill points, the first ten are easy enough to get on any skill.

I suggest some kind of way to hook newbies up with a more experienced player, that way the newbie isn't all alone and stuff and he has someone to play with and learn from, usually people play MMORPGS to play with other players, and players who aren't trying to PK or grief you can be hard to find in UO.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

uve got the idea of this wrong.

its so that friends invite other friends and other friends inturn.

the idea of the skillballs would be that you could use them at 90 skill points if u wanted.

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

Finesse wrote: the idea of the skillballs would be that you could use them at 90 skill points if u wanted.
And now you create a balance problem.

Skillballs is not the answer.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

then make a better suggestion.

your suposed to be rewarded for doing something good.

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

Finesse wrote:then make a better suggestion.

your suposed to be rewarded for doing something good.
I'll think about better suggestions. Minor rares like the fireworks wand Wise suggested, and perhaps minor trophy rewards (seeing as events have been cut back) are the only "rewards" I could see being given out.

I do like the idea of a companion system. There are only so many people who will play a 10 year old MMORPG. Most people playing have played UO before, and there is a finite number of freeshard players. Free items won't help as much as being helpful in-game, in IRC and on the forums.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote: I suggest some kind of way to hook newbies up with a more experienced player, that way the newbie isn't all alone and stuff and he has someone to play with and learn from, usually people play MMORPGS to play with other players, and players who aren't trying to PK or grief you can be hard to find in UO.

I've already made a better suggestion.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

bad idea imo

Post by Teknix »

no skill balls. the reward for bringing people to the server is more people on the server.

you're being selfish.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: bad idea imo

Post by RoadKill »

Teknix wrote:no skill balls. the reward for bringing people to the server is more people on the server.

you're being selfish.
Agreed. Your friends should have no problem getting that +10 skills, because hopefully, you as a friend, will assistant in their skill gains.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

im not saying me personaly.

dont question my intentions its rude ive braught 20 people to this shard how many have you?

but if people were incoraged maybe they would bring more also

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Finesse wrote:im not saying me personaly.

dont question my intentions its rude ive braught 20 people to this shard how many have you?

but if people were incoraged maybe they would bring more also

we could hurl insults and/or lies as to who's brought more people to the server all day. it's a waste of time.

the ONLY thing that should encourage you to bring more people to the server IS the fact that you are bringing more people to the server. you are in it for personal gain if you suggest some item should be awarded for a 'player referal system' and, in this situation, you should be thinking about the greater good of the server and its population.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?