Suggestion for a new weapon.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
YurdltheTurtle

Suggestion for a new weapon.

Post by YurdltheTurtle »

I know the shard is strictly T2A era emulation but I'd still like to suggest a weapon.

The Greatsword! Otherwise known as the "Claymore". Made and used by the Scotts to defend against Britain. It's similar to a pole-arm in that it's two-handed and uses your Swordsmanship skill. I figured that if Richard Gariotte wanted to include the "Viking Sword", why not this one?

Here's the specifics, or at least the speccs that I'd suggest:
STR Required: 40?
Damage: (Core D&D 3.5 Was set to: 2d6) but for this game I'd suggest 5d7+2 (7-37)?
Speed: 30?
HP: 31-110?

It's essentially one of the faster two-handed weapon with a very sturdy amount of HP (equal to the Double Axe, Warhammer, etc) while doing a reliable amount of damage but reducing it's overall hit power in lieu of it's faster rate of attack.

It does as much damage as a battle axe, less than it's Polearm cousins but more damage with each hit without being too over-powered in comparsion with it's one-handed cousins (but still superior to most every one-handed weapon).

Tinker around with the numbers all you like in order to balance the weapon out as you see fit.

I'm just suggesting it for aesthic purposes, really!

Here's my idea of what it should look like: Perhaps the sword's color can change dependant on the ore! This one would obviously be Shadow Iron.
Attachments
Guts.jpg
Last edited by YurdltheTurtle on Fri May 08, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I HAVE THE CAPE. I MAKE THE FUCKING WOOSH NOISES."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Suggestion for a new weapon.

Post by son »

no
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

YurdltheTurtle

Post by YurdltheTurtle »

son wrote:no
:|
"I HAVE THE CAPE. I MAKE THE FUCKING WOOSH NOISES."

MamoNT

Post by MamoNT »

1: add this THING for what?
2: NO

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

beserk, very nice. but no to the add :p
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

pm_lamont

Post by pm_lamont »

As a Scott by blood, I was disappointed about there being no claymore in the game. Since this is a period shard however, it must not be added as it would reduce the integrity of the era T2A to a dusty wee little pile of ashes. It would have made sense for them to have added it though, given they have kilts and sashes. I would have been for pipes as a musical instrument as well. Deep fried mars bars... Well now, it is getting out of hand. Suffice to say, it wasn't era. It wasn't to be.