How about weekly 1v1 and 2v2 tourneys?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

How about weekly 1v1 and 2v2 tourneys?

Post by Fwerp »

I think it would be a great idea (clearly), and if people are still concerned that people will only log on for them, they could be weekly during prime playing hours but random. Also, if people are concerned about pvpers reaping the benefits too much we could lower the rewards for the weekly tournaments.

So, basically, why not? ^^ :D

Voltron

Re: How about weekly 1v1 and 2v2 tourneys?

Post by Voltron »

What he said.
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Tronica

Post by Tronica »

pls, something

the events cant possible be making play less. it has to have an opposite effect.

the pvmers dont care if us pvpers aren't playing anyways.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

i had a convo with derrick last week about resetting the ladders and hosting tournys more often its going to be done once the timers are finalised.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That will be great... Hopefully this long stupid recovery delay is fixed and finally completed.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

goota scratch those 10 pt trohpys though lol
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Wow, ask and thou shalt receive, huh? Thanks Derrick.

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

I gota say im strongly agaisnt it. Everytime the CTF message pops up we just sigh because pvp basically stops for 20 minutes and usually everyone logs after its over. The same goes with tournys, you'll have people that log on for the toruny, win, and log off claiming they are the greatest thing to ever touch UO. Meanwhile the random field pvp is at a stall because people focus more on dueling so they can win the tournys. The only solution I see is to make all the ladders field rules, so pvpers dont sit around and duel all day. This also will control discriminating agaisnt multiple templates other than the tank mage.

Pro

Post by Pro »

erm no because it becomes less about skill and more about who has the best items.. and this isn't wow.

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Vlastslav wrote:I gota say im strongly agaisnt it. Everytime the CTF message pops up we just sigh because pvp basically stops for 20 minutes and usually everyone logs after its over. The same goes with tournys, you'll have people that log on for the toruny, win, and log off claiming they are the greatest thing to ever touch UO. Meanwhile the random field pvp is at a stall because people focus more on dueling so they can win the tournys. The only solution I see is to make all the ladders field rules, so pvpers dont sit around and duel all day. This also will control discriminating agaisnt multiple templates other than the tank mage.
its not everyday its once a week and your just saying no cuz u cant play your tamer in these events.

Tronica

Post by Tronica »

Vlastslav wrote:I gota say im strongly agaisnt it. Everytime the CTF message pops up we just sigh because pvp basically stops for 20 minutes and usually everyone logs after its over. The same goes with tournys, you'll have people that log on for the toruny, win, and log off claiming they are the greatest thing to ever touch UO. Meanwhile the random field pvp is at a stall because people focus more on dueling so they can win the tournys. The only solution I see is to make all the ladders field rules, so pvpers dont sit around and duel all day. This also will control discriminating agaisnt multiple templates other than the tank mage.

horrible idea from a horrible player.

and TG recalls from field pvp in even numbers anyways, noone cares about your lack of targets to recall from.

if you want itemized pvp, there are other games for you.

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

Tronica wrote:

and TG recalls from field pvp in even numbers anyways, noone cares about your lack of targets to recall from.

UO is itemized pvp, as is every MMO. Please refrain from brining your personal hate of TG into the thread, it is offtopic. If field isnt an option for the tournys, then at least disable unlimited stam pots, that in itself will open up a handful of viable templates other than the cookie cutter sword mage.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

pvp league solves all these problems
season starts wedesnday midnight est
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

Vlastslav wrote:
Tronica wrote:

UO is itemized pvp, as is every MMO. Please refrain from brining your personal hate of TG into the thread, it is offtopic. If field isnt an option for the tournys, then at least disable unlimited stam pots, that in itself will open up a handful of viable templates other than the cookie cutter sword mage.
The last time that I checked stam pots wasn't allowed in tournaments... However, food is unlimited in this case. If you disable stam regeneration from food macers would clearly dominate shifting from one extreme to the next...

That is simply stupid and beyond retarded.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

diffrent tournys should be hosted but it shouldent uniquely be one or the other a good mix is good.