t2a accuracy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bigcheez

t2a accuracy

Post by bigcheez »

i havent played in a while so some of this might already be in, but just trying to help out with accuracy

weight message..

seems like its random if an item is flipped or not

a White Potion

a katana crafted by (no exceptional in the name)

provo message and monster ai, doesnt walk more than 3 tiles wide..

tailored item on the left "sewn by"

id wand message

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: t2a accuracy

Post by tekai »

wow exelent post

yay for flipped items!!!

Here here!

you will also notice, from atleast terrakeep that in real t2a there were FAR MORE monsters in dungeons.

it was spammy there were so many monsters.
[broken image]

Faust

Post by Faust »

I really wish the path finding for mobs would be fixed here. The picture involving the tera keep and all those spiders clearly shows how the path finding worked back then. No player run shard in the history of UO emulation has ever got this right. It was much worse here in the past and improved greatly compared to the way it was though. However, it still needs some work badly to work the way it did in the past before the UOR publish.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

I really wish the path finding for mobs would be fixed here. The picture involving the tera keep and all those spiders clearly shows how the path finding worked back then. No player run shard in the history of UO emulation has ever got this right. It was much worse here in the past and improved greatly compared to the way it was though. However, it still needs some work badly to work the way it did in the past before the UOR publish.
Just wondering, the demo contains the correct algorithm?
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

For all intensive purposes the demo should have the proper algorithm for monster pathing. From my experience, during T2A characters like archers and the like had an advantage in so much that they could find a small outcropping of stalagmites or rocks and block creatures behind them. This was naturally a significant advantage due to the availability of a ranged attack. Beyond that, the UOR patch notes have a line detailing the improved pathing AI of monsters which suggests that monsters had some pathing ability beforehand, but it was limited in many respects. When comparing the pathing ability of creatures in the demo with modern creatures, the pathing follows that description pretty well. Demo creatures were aware of the tiles adjacent to them, and in front of them, while modern creatures were aware of tiles for a much greater distance. Overall, this is something we do plan on working on at some point.

Beyond that, most of whats in the screenshots is either known to be a known issue that needs to be worked on, or is something that changed at some point (i.e. the crafting titles for exceptional quality weapons and tailored items), but excellent job on pulling up these screenshots.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Faust

Post by Faust »

Batlin wrote: Just wondering, the demo contains the correct algorithm?
The way the path finding works on the demo is the way it worked up until it was fixed in UOR when they became very smart at getting around objects. The main problem that I see with the RunUO pathfinding here and when it's fixed to the old two/three tile blocking setup is that they can squirm significantly trying to find a path wedging themselves out of a "should be" blocking state.

To block a mob moving E, W, S, and N you need to block that direction and the tiles next to it making it the three tile block state. For example, if a mob is heading East you need to block E, NE, and SE to get a full blocking state. If the mob is moving NE you would only need to block two tiles that being N and E to make a two tile blocking state. The system for blocking is really simple and basic.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Nice finds.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Ahh... the good ole' days.. with more specific crafting labels ("sewn by") and not "black space" for gumps.

It was difficult to run around with bags open and nowhere to put them.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

awesome pictures

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

haha i didnt realize you were DRAGONX from chesapeake. i remember a few great battles with you back in the day. i recognized most of the names on the corpses in your pictures too haha. totally brought back memories. good post.

BTW i was ClowN/HalloweeN on chessy.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks much, and again Cheez :)