Housing Era Accuracy. Strong boxes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Corvin

Housing Era Accuracy. Strong boxes

Post by Corvin »

Correct me if I am wrong friends, but I remember being able to place a strong box if you were co owner to a house. Also I remember single houses having 3 secure chests, not one.

Maybe I am wrong, and that's ok, but please look into this.

I left uo after they introduced the stupid Ninja and Samuri garbage so I might be off a few patches.

When Co Ownered to a house, you would write.

I wish to place a strongbox. Then a gold box falls bellow your feet. This would be useful as I am Poor.

Thanks guys, and thank you for helping make this the best shard ever!

Derrick

Re: Housing Era Accuracy. Strong boxes

Post by Derrick »

Corvin wrote:Correct me if I am wrong friends, but I remember being able to place a strong box if you were co owner to a house. Also I remember single houses having 3 secure chests, not one.
Both of these items came in later, the strong boxes came with the Nov '99 housing system, they also later changed it so that secures consumed lockdowns. We use the pre-Nov 99 housing system and secure/lockdown counts.

There is some more info on the specifics here:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=74

Senses

Post by Senses »

This would probably be a job for someone with alot more time and energy than I have, but it occurs to me, as I have seen the same accuracy questions asked again and again and again that the forum might be best served with a stickied post regarding the most commonly asked era accuracy questions with links to the answering posts?

Strongboxes, poisoning halberds, leather and meditation, lockpicking and cartography to name a few, there are probably a ton more.

Also, and this is probably just dreamcraft, what if there was a stickied post pointing out issues that are known to be incorrect, but for which there is no known (yet) documentation as to the fix? I've read many times where Derrick has pointed that he knew the issue was wrong but has yet to find the correction so this might give the knowledge seekers out there a quest to seek the truth. Maybe even rewarded with forum titles!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I know what you mean. There is so much info in the forums, but very hard to find. I made this a couple weeks ago, it's stickied in guides sections, but it doesn't even begin to encompass all the recurring questions:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7418

panthr6868
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by panthr6868 »

I seem to remember at some point in my UO career (97-2000) you being able to place a secure container on the steps of your house. I know because that is where I put my house key. However, I do not remember if that was after the time period UOSA seeks to mirror. Does anyone remember when you were able to do this?