Healing up for discussion?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Healing up for discussion?

Post by ~|~Damaja »

http://update.uo.com/design_146.html

this update was 2 months before UOR. Where dex affected healing times and slippage. This updste was after precast was taken out of the game but just before UOR was released.

This link shows the t2a healing skill. Times and such
http://web.archive.org/web/199910121537 ... m/heal.htm

I only post this for a change request because I feel that this is really how healing was back when we played. Also was the balance in pvp.

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Healing up for discussion?

Post by Storm »

It's unclear what you're asking for in this post.

Also the first link you supplied has nothing in it regarding healing skill whatsoever.

Derrick is aware of the second link you supplied, as he showed it to me already when we were discussing healing.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

alatar

Post by alatar »

yea what is up for debate here?
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

He's either for or against dex affecting healing.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

alatar

Post by alatar »

but dex should/always has (to my knowledge) had this effect... :?
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Storm wrote:It's unclear what you're asking for in this post.

Also the first link you supplied has nothing in it regarding healing skill whatsoever.

Derrick is aware of the second link you supplied, as he showed it to me already when we were discussing healing.
Sorry. for confusion
the first link is the update from osi for dex affecting healing. About half way down the list of things... I just posted that link as well to show the date of the update as it was just before the UOR patch and when precasting was already taken out of UO.

So I thought it would make sense to go with the stratics info for healing (not dex affected)as it is more suited to the fighting era we are aiming for.

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

~|~Damaja wrote: Sorry. for confusion
I'm still confused.

seth

Post by seth »

I'm not sure what patch or if any patch ever affected dexxer's w/ bandaging, but I remember before I left the game if you had a 100 Dex you could bandage in 5 seconds. Someone told me last night on MIRC that 100 Dex on this server bandages in only 10 seconds.

If the discussion is to move bandaging time up to 5 seconds for 100 Dex I'm game! If its not, then foul and no harm in asking. :twisted:

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

He's saying he wants to go back to non-dex affected healing. ie - set times for healing/curing/etc. regardless of dex.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

Nevermore wrote:He's saying he wants to go back to non-dex affected healing. ie - set times for healing/curing/etc. regardless of dex.
Yeah so 15 seconds to heal yourself, no matter what, which would further nerf dexxers into oblivion, especially in events (tourneys).

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Storm wrote:
Nevermore wrote:He's saying he wants to go back to non-dex affected healing. ie - set times for healing/curing/etc. regardless of dex.
Yeah so 15 seconds to heal yourself, no matter what, which would further nerf dexxers into oblivion, especially in events (tourneys).

dexxers werent and wouldn't be nerfed. As of now the slippage of bandages is bringiing down the healed amount way way to much compared to the amount of healing you lost on osi. I mean I have 80something healing gm anat I get hit once and my bandages fail... wasn't like that on osi.
Also if you either didnt have 198475934753 potions and/or atleast some magery to cast greater heal, then as a dexxer against a mage you would have died preUOR. So I'm just saying make it the way it really was for this era and it will be balanced. I promise :wink:

I also actually play my dexxer more as a main then my mage and I am proposing this...
I'm just trying to get the info to make it right.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

~|~Damaja wrote:I mean I have 80something healing gm anat I get hit once and my bandages fail... wasn't like that on osi.
You shouldn't lose more than 4 points of heal per slip, everything I've seen shows this as accurate, but my memory of healing on OSI is foggy at best. When you say fail, you mean you get a minimum heal after one hit?

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Derrick wrote:
~|~Damaja wrote:I mean I have 80something healing gm anat I get hit once and my bandages fail... wasn't like that on osi.
You shouldn't lose more than 4 points of heal per slip, everything I've seen shows this as accurate, but my memory of healing on OSI is foggy at best. When you say fail, you mean you get a minimum heal after one hit?
yes. I have got barely helped after only getting hit once

silex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by silex »

Perhaps I'm wrong, but doesn't healing check for success or fail in addition to how much is healed? I've failed ("bandages don't seem to help...") many times even when completely out of combat. At only 80 Healing skill, I don't believe you are guaranteed that the bandages will work every time.

Since both methods seem to be era accurate, I'm definitely behind dex effecting bandage time. It needs all the help it can get.

alatar

Post by alatar »

silex wrote:At only 80 Healing skill, I don't believe you are guaranteed that the bandages will work every time.
true

If dex is not affecting healing, then I can use my healer mage at the same efficiency with 25 dex compared to your 100 dex warrior. Pretty unfair eh?
#1 PK Guild on T2A