Spell Interrption:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
marmalade

Re: Spell Interrption:

Post by marmalade »

i am completely confused. how is the % chance to be interrupted by a spell calculated exactly?

sorry for being retarded but alot of what you guys are saying is going straight over the top of my head.

aXe

Post by aXe »

does this just mean ppl can recall away even easier now?
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

if you cast debuffs...not if you cast higher level spells inflict more damage or poison them
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

As time passes and the new patches continue to pop up I'm wondering how will any of us know that the entries on the Wikipedia aren't simply edited to fit somebody's agenda?

For example, I think that damage should be cut in half and then absorbed by armor.

How about I tweak that entry and then talk about this a few months down the road when nobody has taken notice because I really like playing on my hally mage!

After all, it's open ended for anyone to manipulate.

Since people such as Faust love their empirical evidence, perhaps you should provide a genuine link and not some player made website that was created by people who use this shard?

Food for thought.

Good luck.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Mephistopheles wrote:As time passes and the new patches continue to pop up I'm wondering how will any of us know that the entries on the Wikipedia aren't simply edited to fit somebody's agenda?

For example, I think that damage should be cut in half and then absorbed by armor.

How about I tweak that entry and then talk about this a few months down the road when nobody has taken notice because I really like playing on my hally mage!

Since people such as Faust love their empirical evidence, perhaps you should provide a genuine link and not some player made website that was created by people who use this shard?

Food for thought.

Good luck.
What are you disputing? Some patch note? You're not very clear.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Kraarug wrote:
No, I was very clear. Don't try to shift focus from what I was talking about by pretending I wasn't acknowledging it in the first place.

I won't repeat what I said before because this only leads to a dampening of the clarity behind the words I put together to form those sentences so as to weaken the original argument.

Let's try this out, I'm going to pull straws at random and add:

"The demo uses a value of 0 damage for debuff spells"

"Spell interruption formula depends on the magery skill of the caster, the spell circle being casted, and the damage taken when struck in combat."

If you are using the demo scripts

And the demo scripts say debuffs do 0 damage and we're talking about 1st-2nd circle spells (which, logically speaking, are very easy to miss an interrupt)

And nobody is doing/receiving damage from a debuff spell

I ask you to prove to me how it is that a non-damaging spell will cause an interrupt.

Provide me with this formula. Not in it's coded format but in one that makes sense. I'm sure you can do it as you seem to enjoy spending so much time on this.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Mephistopheles wrote:
Kraarug wrote:
No, I was very clear. Don't try to shift focus from what I was talking about by pretending I wasn't acknowledging that in the first place.

I won't repeat what I said before because this only leads to a dampening of the clarity behind the words I put together to form those sentences so as to weaken the original argument.

Let's try this out, I'm going to pull straws at random and add:

"The demo uses a value of 0 damage for debuff spells"

"Spell interruption formula depends on the magery skill of the caster, the spell circle being casted, and the damage taken when struck in combat."

If you are using the demo scripts

And the demo scripts say debuffs do 0 damage and we're talking about 1st-2nd circle spells (which, logically speaking, are very easy to miss an interrupt)

And nobody is doing/receiving damage from a debuff spell

I ask you to prove to me how it is that a non-damaging spell will cause an interrupt.

Provide me with this formula. Not in it's coded format but in one that makes sense. I'm sure you can do it as you seem to enjoy spending so much time on this.
About the demo? I know nothing about it.

About finding era accurate sources? That's something I've learned to do.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you are doubting the wiki, point out the citation and I will find the patch note or other sources. That's all.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Kraarug wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:As time passes and the new patches continue to pop up I'm wondering how will any of us know that the entries on the Wikipedia aren't simply edited to fit somebody's agenda?

Food for thought.

Good luck.
hes refering to the quote in fausts original post, which is from the uosecondage wiki as apposed to an actual archived link to an official site. i was actually wondering the same thing.

how do we know that particular line in the patch notes (on the wiki site) hasnt been edited at some point to reflect someone in particular's point of view. im sure hes not suggesting that anybody has actually done that, but that it is possible thats all.

also,
marmalade wrote:i am completely confused. how is the % chance to be interrupted by a spell calculated exactly?

sorry for being retarded but alot of what you guys are saying is going straight over the top of my head.
bump.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Basically magery will check twice to interrupt you now so tank mages will have an easier time killing on the field.

And they can interrupt just by casting weaken now too.

Kael
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kael »

Mephistopheles wrote:And they can interrupt just by casting weaken now too.
I thought before these changes that casting debuffs was the most popular way of interrupting, so I'm not sure what you mean by "now too".

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Kael wrote:
I thought before these changes that casting debuffs was the most popular way of interrupting, so I'm not sure what you mean by "now too".
Yes but now it does it more!
Kraarug wrote: About finding era accurate sources? That's something I've learned to do.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you are doubting the wiki, point out the citation and I will find the patch note or other sources. That's all.
Okay, you want me to point out a citation that I've very clearly made an example of?

How about the OP?

Anyone who knows how to use Dreamweaver can fancy up a WebArchive page. All of this can be complete bull pulled over our heads because some obscure coders that play here really enjoy their scripted hally-bolt PvP.

Have fun doing more "research" as the months pass for more "era accurate" changes. Whatever pleases.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Mephistopheles wrote:
Kael wrote:
Yes but now it does it more!
Kraarug wrote: About finding era accurate sources? That's something I've learned to do.

Okay, you want me to point out a citation that I've very clearly made an example of?

How about the OP?

Anyone who knows how to use Dreamweaver can fancy up a WebArchive page. All of this can be complete bull pulled over our heads because some obscure coders that play here really enjoy their scripted hally-bolt PvP.

Have fun doing more "research" as the months pass for more "era accurate" changes. Whatever pleases.
No debuffs have a chance to not interrupt before they were 100 percent
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
No debuffs have a chance to not interrupt before they were 100 percent
- Debuffs should not be interrupting spells a hundred percent of the time, but instead use a damage value of 0 in the spell interruption formula.

- Spells should check TWICE for a spell interruption when struck in combat while casting. The first check should be the pre-divided value and the second should be the divided value. This would include firebreath, poison, and any other magical attack that isn't melee.

If:
Debuffs have a 42% chance of disrupting Recall at GM Magery

And:
You try to make an incoherent jumble of text to slip some point by
You say that spells check twice to begin with

Then:
Debuffs will be disrupting more now.

lol I can't believe some people are seriously telling me that I'm not reading what I am reading.

Kael
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kael »

I think it's a miscommunication that we were trying to say that before, debuffs would interrupt 100% of the time, and now they don't (which is how it should be). Meaning they were better before the patch, which was why I didn't get why you said "now too". But we're on the same page it seems

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

http://update.uo.com/oldupdates/12-9-97.shtml

This is pretty easy. Just click the citation provided by the Wiki the OP linked.