Spell Interrption:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Spell Interrption:

Post by Batlin »

So you are saying that melee uses the "finalized" damage value instead of the value before it's cut in half on the demo Batlin?
That's exactly what I am saying, comparing the recorded damage values by the modified script with the hit points dropping gives no doubt about that. Plus the code path inside the core supports the seen behavior.

Code: Select all

FUNC_DoDamage(...) // called by the scripts only
{
  FUNC_GoDoScriptTrigger(..., washit, DamageValue);
  FUNC_DoDamageInternal(..., DamageValue, DamageType, ...);
}

FUNC_DoDamageInternal(...) // called by the scripts indirectly and by melee directly
{
  FUNC_GoModifyDamage(..., DamageType, &DamageValue); // by reference
  DamageValue = DamageValue / 2;
}
Why would there be two checks for chance of interruption unless there was one check intially made to see if there was interuption and if the interruption succeeded there was the second check made to see if it was still interrupted if the spell was resisted?
Of course, in case of interruption it would be logical that the second check is not made. The only reason I want to investigate this further is because I do not know at what point the second check is ignored. I don't see any clear code path that would cause this behaviour.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Derrick wrote:The proposed changes have been made on test center.
While we are still looking into some of the "wierdness" that Batlin mentioned, I belive what is currently on testcenter is more correct than what we have now.

Server: test.uosecondage.com
Port: 2593
Great job on getting this on test so fast, I'll have to kick my girlfriend out early for this one

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

Was the debuff fix included with this?

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Was the debuff fix included with this?
What do you mean exactly with this one?

I'll probably answer in about 3-4 hours, I'm gonna work in my house now.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Faust

Post by Faust »

Derrick said that he put some changes up on test with a lot of this new information. I was wondering if he fixed debuffs to be included with this. Debuffs use a hundred percent guarentee disrupt and should be used in the standard spell interruption formula with a damage value of 0 based on your research.

So was just wondering if this was included in test too? :wink:

Great work Batlin.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Batlin wrote:
So you are saying that melee uses the "finalized" damage value instead of the value before it's cut in half on the demo Batlin?
That's exactly what I am saying, comparing the recorded damage values by the modified script with the hit points dropping gives no doubt about that. Plus the code path inside the core supports the seen behavior.

Code: Select all

FUNC_DoDamage(...) // called by the scripts only
{
  FUNC_DoDamageInternal(..., DamageValue, DamageType, ...);
}

FUNC_DoDamageInternal(...) // called by the scripts indirectly and by melee directly
{
  FUNC_GoModifyDamage(..., DamageType, &DamageValue); // by reference
  DamageValue = DamageValue / 2;
}
Did this part make it into the test patch as well?

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Kraarug wrote:
Redbeard72 wrote:ok for a lame ass, What is this going to do, slow pvp down or speed it up, or make it so that i wont get disrupted every time i try to recall my bard to escape?
It will make it Era Accurate.

Right now, melee damage appears to be acting correctly.

Faust is saying that there we as double check for magery damage so, when this goes into effect one will get interrupted more with magery attacks.

This will also more than likely lead to interruption from poison damage as well.
Well i dont remember getting disrupted alot more then the way it is now, if its just a tad more then, well i could c that, but i do remember Poison took them along time to change that so the slow poisons would almost kill you cause u couldnt recall. disrupt tick disrupt tick. lol love all of you guys... GOood work to you all.
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:Was the debuff fix included with this?
No, not yet. I snapped this off pretty fast.

To the question on the melee change, I'm really still waiting to see what shakes out of Batlins research.
The change on test center passes pre-halved damage to the interrupt check.

For the questions on the previous page about resist, the pre halved damage is not the damage after resist. All damage is halved before applied; weapons, spells etc... For more into on this, read the original post in this thread, and the posts in the Deadly Poison thread stating at the bottom of page 3.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Will there be two checks for magical attacks too?

Faust

Post by Faust »

What is the current status for this process for all three parts of this system?

- Disrupts Fixed on a base damage of 0.
- Double calls for spells and effects using the pre-determined and finalized damage for the 1st and 2nd call.
- One call for finalized melee damage.

Wouldn't seem more beneficial to be able to test the entire system as a whole instead of bits and pieces of it in my opinion.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's not done yet, I have hoped to get to work on this and finalize but have had a busy week (really a busy month).

I do hope to roll this out to test soon, The double calls are the only thing holding us up.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Do debuffs unparalyze you? I never seen nor used the paralyze debuff combo ever and cant try it out right now.
If they dont unparalyze you then they should not interrupt, if they do not unparalyze you it would be nice to use this in pvp.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Do debuffs unparalyze you? I never seen nor used the paralyze debuff combo ever and cant try it out right now.
If they dont unparalyze you then they should not interrupt, if they do not unparalyze you it would be nice to use this in pvp.
It's a good question on whether they did on OSI, I actually belive they would in demo. Defbuffs have without a doubt been shown to interrupt, but it's not 100% as we currently have implemented on UOSA

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:What is the current status for this process for all three parts of this system?

- Disrupts Fixed on a base damage of 0.
- Double calls for spells and effects using the pre-determined and finalized damage for the 1st and 2nd call.
- One call for finalized melee damage.

Wouldn't seem more beneficial to be able to test the entire system as a whole instead of bits and pieces of it in my opinion.
The entire proposed system is now on test center. It's completely untested, please test.
- The double calls for disturb check are in
- Debuff disrupts use a damage value of zero
- Wrestling speed has been reduced from 55 to 50

Server: test.uosecondage.com
Port: 2593

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

nice!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat