Taming Bible Explained.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Taming Bible Explained.

Post by keelonzo »

An Corp for this fantastic guide (and guides - especially rose's)

Thanks again.... I've tamed a few hundred WW's and frenzies, a half-dozen nightmares, and am still at 97.6... lol

The MOST fun I had was during the "Compassion Shrine" stint - many newbie tamers running around herding the fresh snakes, spideys and scorps, working together to get the best gains - dying from being poisoned or beaten by an earth ele and insta-rezing next to the shrine...... oh and gang fighting the griefing reds with our alt/mains...... ahhh good times!

Markus

Post by Markus »

Personally I went for the drakes in Destard Level 2. Be aware if you use target by type that Razor recognizes 2 types of drakes (grey and red), so include both of them in your macro. In order to avoid the dragon killing you here, you just need to lure a creature onto a ledge and provoke the dragon to attack it. This will allow you to run your macro totally AFK (unless you get PK'ed of course). I will note though that gains there are EXTREMELY slow, but the payoff is little to no monitoring.

I also spoke with a guy who GMed off of hell hounds, and he set his macro so it was pretty much afk. He used target by type and an if statement that hid his character when all the hell hounds were gone. I'm guessing he must have used some other kind of check to continue taming when they respawned without revealing himself until the hell hounds had aggressed onto his 2nd char, probably used a pause or something. I think this method would require more monitoring though since sometimes the hell hounds will undoubtedly get behind the wall and kill the 2nd char.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

There is a better way to tame hell hounds that is not afk but I am not going to reveal it yet. I will post this tomorrow after I get to the point where I can tame dragons as I do not want competition
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Milliband wrote: 91.8 - Hell cats (large) in fire, lure the spawn all down to your man spamming tame random grey. Behind the stalactites you do not need a healer (putting pets on top of the roofs is really inefficient.)
Dude...if you are luring all the pets to some corner with a healer while a third guy is luring pets...that is inefficient. Pets on the roofs/inside buildings especially numerous pets to draw aggro where you aren't getting firebreath is way better. You can do this on one account and collect all the loot.

AFK taming sucks. Even at compassion I find its better to just lure and tame running about the desert then macro its more fun that way. Taming is not an afk skill to raise in my opinion. There is no need.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Milliband

Post by Milliband »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Milliband wrote: 91.8 - Hell cats (large) in fire, lure the spawn all down to your man spamming tame random grey. Behind the stalactites you do not need a healer (putting pets on top of the roofs is really inefficient.)
Dude...if you are luring all the pets to some corner with a healer while a third guy is luring pets...that is inefficient. Pets on the roofs/inside buildings especially numerous pets to draw aggro where you aren't getting firebreath is way better. You can do this on one account and collect all the loot.

AFK taming sucks. Even at compassion I find its better to just lure and tame running about the desert then macro its more fun that way. Taming is not an afk skill to raise in my opinion. There is no need.
Whilst everyone knows your advice is terrible. For people who don't I would advise ignoring this crap. Putting pets on the roof is retarded & ask skill gaining is paramount to sanity.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37675 - Violent Library all your Runebook needs.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37676&p=326480#p326480 - Taming Bible explained.

geo

Post by geo »

my thoughts.

50-55 ice island
55-71.1 compassion shrine
71.1-77.1 bulls in delucia
77.1-80.7 frenzied ostards and giant toads in Hopper's Bog. toads didn't yield a very efficient gain rate. I think I actually found more
frenzieds.
80.7-84.9 lava lizards in Fire (did lesser hellcats when I pulled them.)
84.9-91.8 hell hounds in Fire (did lesser hellcats and lava lizards too just to kill them off. fire breath is a drag.)
91.8-95.7 large hell cats and hell hounds in fire.
95.7-100 drakes and drags

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

Started a serie of video on youtube explaining how to raise taming.

A video is gonna be really helpful on this topic, cos you get to see what you have to do to raise the skill, rather than just reading...

Here, take a look good citizens of Britannia!

https://youtu.be/mR5KDceOe20