Carpentry

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Afroshacks

Re: Carpentry

Post by Afroshacks »

Alex21 wrote:Here is my guide to carpentry!

As stated by T2A Wikie:
* 30 - 40 Chest, Small
* 40 - 48 Crate, Medium
* 48 - 55 Ballot Box Deeds
* 55 - 68 Wooden Shields*
* 68 - 74 Fishing Poles (Requires 40.0 displayed tailoring skill, train from NPC)
* 74 - 80 Quarter Staff*
* 80 - GM Gnarled Staff* (Around 98 make the very occasional large yew wood table if you want but its not required)
However to simply macro carpentry you require 50k boards to get close to gm, and new players people simply can't afford to buy them, or be bothered to chop them.

So i have a few tricks to make gm'ing carpentry just that much easier and less pain staking for new players, of course these tricks involve the use of razor!

Basically all you have to do is make two macroes, one for chopping trees and another for turning the logs into the item you need to make in order to gain skill.

Macro For Chopping Trees:

Code: Select all

Set Last Target
Wait 3000
For 1 To 18
Double Click Axe
Wait 60
Target Last Target
Wait 700
End For
This macro basically makes it so you can target a tree once and it will chop at it 18 times for you, set it to a good hotkey and it can save you a lot of clicking.

To make a macro for creating an item using carpentry simply start recording in razor and then create an item by hand, then stop recording and add a 10 second wait to the end. Set this macro to another convenient hotkey and you have saved yourself once again a lot of clicking.

Doing this you can pretty much run through the woods chopping till your overweight then producing items to gain, this way it is like having a constant source of boards.

Thanks for reading.
Just the info I was looking for! Thank you good sir! :wink:
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks

Afroshacks

Post by Afroshacks »

Alex21 wrote:Here is my guide to carpentry!

As stated by T2A Wikie:
* 30 - 40 Chest, Small
* 40 - 48 Crate, Medium
* 48 - 55 Ballot Box Deeds
* 55 - 68 Wooden Shields*
* 68 - 74 Fishing Poles (Requires 40.0 displayed tailoring skill, train from NPC)
* 74 - 80 Quarter Staff*
* 80 - GM Gnarled Staff* (Around 98 make the very occasional large yew wood table if you want but its not required)
However to simply macro carpentry you require 50k boards to get close to gm, and new players people simply can't afford to buy them, or be bothered to chop them.

So i have a few tricks to make gm'ing carpentry just that much easier and less pain staking for new players, of course these tricks involve the use of razor!

Basically all you have to do is make two macroes, one for chopping trees and another for turning the logs into the item you need to make in order to gain skill.

Macro For Chopping Trees:

Code: Select all

Set Last Target
Wait 3000
For 1 To 18
Double Click Axe
Wait 60
Target Last Target
Wait 700
End For
This macro basically makes it so you can target a tree once and it will chop at it 18 times for you, set it to a good hotkey and it can save you a lot of clicking.

To make a macro for creating an item using carpentry simply start recording in razor and then create an item by hand, then stop recording and add a 10 second wait to the end. Set this macro to another convenient hotkey and you have saved yourself once again a lot of clicking.

Doing this you can pretty much run through the woods chopping till your overweight then producing items to gain, this way it is like having a constant source of boards.

Thanks for reading.

Great guide just a few things a little off. Fishing poles don't start till 68.4. Also when raising skill macro will change as new items appear for your skill level, so you have to make adjustments to macro from time to time. Ive caught myself making shields long after I should because a new item appeared in my window making my menu responses change.
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

I could not find any carpenter NPC (or anything) to sell above ~23 real skill.

Supplies used:

~20k boards - took me from about 23 bought, real-skill (~40 shown/inflated), up to 53 real skill (63.5 shown/inflated).
~25k more boards - took me from 53 real skill (63.5 shown/inflated), up to 82 real skill (86 shown/inflated).
~20k more boards - took me from 82 real skill (86 shown/inflated), up to 97.2 real skill (97.8 shown/inflated).
~15k more boards - took me from 97.2 real skill up to GM, and I canceled out of about 45 GM mark prompts, so I probably overfilled it and could have done it on 13k?

Total = 78-80k from bought to GM.

Make sure if you're axing crates, you don't forget about the copper keys that pile up. Therefore, I'd recommend lift by type, and drag to barrel.

Here is my razor macro text, you'll have to set up the restocking and change the menu prompts as you go of course, and change the barrel ID if your barrel changes:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-5
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1081968796|2150|537|12|3705
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|8
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|4324|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|5
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|4|3713|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|5
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|3|5112|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|5112|1
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x4018A3E4|(-1, -1, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03.5000000
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP