Guide to Remove trap

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Sir Lagsalot

Re: Guide to Remove trap

Post by Sir Lagsalot »

I just want to clarify this information and make sure I have it right.

As an exclusive dungeon picker, I do not need remove trap if I step one tile away from the chest and open it. I will remain hidden and undamaged when the trap goes off?

Is this correct?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

yes...
remove trap is just more of a stealthy way of doing it (as you aren't causing a huge explosion) with implications beyond dungeons.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

The minimum remove trap necessary to work (gain skill) on player-trapped chests very particular. Do not let your tinkering get ahead of your remove trap! (eg. 60 tinkering but 53.9 disarm means you'll need to get that .1 disarm elsewhere before you can gain again using that tinkerer)

Code: Select all

Tinkering  Disarm (min)
30.0        27.0
40.0        36.0
50.0        45.0
60.0        54.0
70.0        63.0
80.0        72.0
90.0        81.0
100.0       90.0
(All skills are shown, not real.)
Tinker traps require the same remove trap skill regardless of trap type. Cheapest to use dart traps. 1.7k traps took me from 42.3 disarm to GM.

Gabriella

Post by Gabriella »

my tinker was a bit ahead at 65 skill so i stayed with the trapped chests in the inns in Britain to 55. BTW, the inn in east Brit also gives gains to this level and has 8 chests compared to max 5 in the other inn. I just hit both and logged out for a couple hours for them to respawn. The plate gloves trick really helps out with this too.