Guide: Murder System and Stat Loss

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: Murder System and Stat Loss

Post by Rammar »

Lightofday wrote:
Derrick wrote:Criminal actions will not reset your counter, the 40 hours is in-game logged-in time and only decays on server reset. The short term counter decays normally.
This statement confused me somewhat. For short term counts, do you have to be logged in for them to decay? Or will they decay while offline also?
No counts decay while not logged-in.

Pip

Post by Pip »

I must say that this is one of the worst things I've ever heard of.

Stat loss encourages multi - acc gaming, which I dislike and disapprove of.

Don't get me wrong. All the other stuff here on UOSA is absolutely amazing and I find my experience here thrilling.

This one idea is seriously retarded though. It hits the players that keep this shard alive the most. REDS and unforgiving pk atmosphere of this shard makes it unique , and it's what differs it from, let's say, candy - like lame IPY.

But I get it. Era accurate , right ... :)

Pro

Post by Pro »

Risk reward baby, can't have people killing innocents with no punishment, that aint balance, ya dig?

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

Forgive me if I missed something but are long term murder counts even implemented right now? I killed someone lately and 8 hours later it says 'Fear not, thou hast not slain the innocent.' when I consider my sins.

Shouldn't it say 'Fear not, thou hast not slain the innocent in some time..." as I still have a long term count?

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I think I experienced that before. It's most probable that even with 0 counts, there is a 40 hours timer on your character that ticks every 40 hours of gameplay. If this is true (it sounds like it is), then this means that if you happened to murder somebody right before that timer hits, then you will drop that murder count real quickly ;).
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

yep when i first started PKing on this shard i went blue-red-blue between victims, it was about a 10 minute span.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

nightshark wrote:yep when i first started PKing on this shard i went blue-red-blue between victims, it was about a 10 minute span.
Yeah, I've been red on Soma for about an hour then back to blue, I've also gone from 1 count (according to myuosa) to 0 counts on the same day. The 40hr timer must keep going regardless of counts.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

Does perma red character always suffer from stat loss?

If not, does the message i get from the "i must consider my sins" command will show it to me clearly or will i always get the "... murderous brigand" msg?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

no, they dont. only when they have above 5 shorts.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Skasi

Post by Skasi »

Is there a way to forgive a murder? I ask because I'd like to do "friendly PKs" who don't loot blank, resurrect and things like that a favor. What's more important though is players killing others on accident (there's so many ways).

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Skasi wrote:Is there a way to forgive a murder? I ask because I'd like to do "friendly PKs" who don't loot blank, resurrect and things like that a favor. What's more important though is players killing others on accident (there's so many ways).
The person killed gets to choose via a pop up gump whether or not they wish to give the killer a murder count.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

And you can hold the gump until you see if you've been ressed, looted, etc.

HOWEVER, most pk's here like to distract from their masculinity shortages by actually WANTING more counts. Go figure...whatever makes them feel "badder".
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Agnes

Post by Agnes »

Pirul wrote:And you can hold the gump until you see if you've been ressed, looted, etc.

HOWEVER, most pk's here like to distract from their masculinity shortages by actually WANTING more counts. Go figure...whatever makes them feel "badder".
Yeah. I was called a F*G for not giving someone a count :roll:

Skasi

Post by Skasi »

Huh? I've never had a popup.. does that mean my murders have not been reported? :?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Skasi wrote:Huh? I've never had a popup.. does that mean my murders have not been reported? :?
As long as you were blue when you were killed, if you were grey, then no count, hence you
didnt get the gump.

Anytime Im blue and killed, I got the gump to give a count
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12