Slow Gains?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Malaikat

Re: Slow Gains?

Post by Malaikat »

morganm wrote:I see what you mean now.

Yes they aggro on you but they don't actually fight back causing damage to you.

I never worried about them being grey since I'm not in town.
Hhmm. In town they certainly do fight back. I wonder if they work differently out of guards? Doesn't make much sense that they would...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

morganm

Post by morganm »

Malaikat wrote:
morganm wrote:I see what you mean now.

Yes they aggro on you but they don't actually fight back causing damage to you.

I never worried about them being grey since I'm not in town.
Hhmm. In town they certainly do fight back. I wonder if they work differently out of guards? Doesn't make much sense that they would...
Or maybe it's because I'm in a house which they are not friended?
A difference between fighters and paladins? I've never used a paladin.

I really don't know; I've never done it anywhere but in this tower. =/

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

morganm wrote: Or maybe it's because I'm in a house which they are not friended?
A difference between fighters and paladins? I've never used a paladin.

I really don't know; I've never done it anywhere but in this tower. =/
It's not just a paladin thing. I've used fighters many times too. And other NPC's like bards and mages.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

My experience is the same as Malaikat's, and I've done it in a hose I co-own, only with pally's, but never with the "all guard" command. However, it's just too easy to cast invis on yourself and be over with it.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

morganm

Post by morganm »

Maybe this is a new thing... perhaps even a bug?

I've only been doing this since last weekend. Never did it before then.

Have you guys tried this in the last few days?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Was doing it just today and all yesterday. Gmed mace and I was working wrestle today...

I was under the impression, from reading old forum posts, that NPC's fighting back after an all stay or all stop command was something new and not the other way around.

morganm

Post by morganm »

So it's not a recent change then.

I dunno =/

Wacky

morganm

Post by morganm »

I thought I had used newbie daggers before but this time I made SURE I was using one... I still slay the dude in like 15 seconds. If I miss a single heal; game over. I simply must have two healers on my one fighter.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

morganm wrote:I thought I had used newbie daggers before but this time I made SURE I was using one... I still slay the dude in like 15 seconds. If I miss a single heal; game over. I simply must have two healers on my one fighter.
Only thing I can offer is for you to try a paladin. Higher starting skill, likely higher hit points, and much higher AR till all his stuff breaks.

Dagger speed and damage is better than skinning knife and wand, but I've gmed swords and mace with only 1 healer at around 60 heal/gm anat.

morganm

Post by morganm »

Here's an RPV of what I've described.
Attachments
Crow the Jester_2-8_18.22.rpv
RPV of hiring a paladin and fighting him with out having to hide or invis.
(39.32 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

To morgan: if you have a tamer, try using a brown bear to bash on. They have high natural AR (that never breaks) and high enough hit points, while having a very low weapon skill. You should be able to easily keep the bear alive with just 50 vet/lore. It seems gains come the fastest on UOSA when your opponent has very low weapon skill, even when your own skill is in the high 90s.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

morganm

Post by morganm »

I do not suffer from slow gains;Paladins/fighters seem to work awesome for skill gains. I was pointing out, with that RPV, that I don't need to invis/hide or anything to get the hireling to drop aggro.

That said... someone over guild chat a few days ago was trying to use paladins in town. He couldn't get them to stop attacking him. I was in the tower with my paladin at the time and came to help him. When I got to EBB and tried to help him; my paladin started attacking me too. It was working the same as it had in the RPV not 2 minutes before and now, in town, it behaved totally different.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Was referring to the fact you are using 2 healers to raise fencing.. using bears would solve that problem and use far less bandages

The last sentence was my thoughts on UOSA skill gain. I've GMed weapon skills between 20 and 30 times on UOSA and just found that paladins give some of the worst gains (outside of sparring players), and fighters aren't that great either.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I don't know. I can't play too often on account of work/wife and in a few week's time I've gm'd swords, mace, wrestle - and taken wrestle to 80+ on two other chars - all using fighters and paladins. Don't need a house, they don't aggro you, and I haven't once needed more than a single healer who started with 50 skill. In fact, I'm rarely using more than 1 bandage every 2 mins. I typically set my bandage macro to pause for 400 seconds till I get to 40 or 50 weapon skill, then I drop it as I gain until I hit about 40 - 60 seconds at mid 90 skill. Usually it's in the 90 to 120 second range for the better portion of the training session, but seriously 1 bandage every 2 minutes means that I could macro for a week on a single wool run through the yew sheep pens.

I have no complaints about skill gain here.

morganm

Post by morganm »

I'll have to try brown bears then because I thought gains on paladins were amazing. In 3 nights I can GM a skill (did fencing twice and wrestling once). Worst gains were sparing other players.... all night sparring and I'd gain a hand full of skill.

I needed so many healers because fencing did too much damage; even using newbie daggers. Wrestling as no problem; barely did any damage and with one healer every 120 seconds it was easy to keep a paladin alive.