Ender's Gathering Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Ender

Ender's Gathering Guide

Post by Ender »

There are a couple different gathering guides strewn about but I thought I'd make another to possibly help those still struggling to get a feel for Razor or those that just can't find a macro they like. As of now, I haven't bothered with fishing any, so if anyone has some input on it, feel free to contribute. The basis for my macros, some of which are still very similar come from the threads: Panama Red's Semi-Auto Lumberjack Macro and Mustardcat's Razor mining macro/setup. My plan is to show the macro as it looks in Razor and then follow it up with step-by-step instructions for those who can't read Razorese. For those who are fine with Razor, and just curious about the macro, they'll be listed right below so you won't have pick through the descriptive version. My apologies if the guide is too descriptive, just trying to cover all my bases for someone who may have never used Razor before reading this. I know I struggled for a couple days testing and retesting things to try and get an understanding of how the damn thing works, so I thought I'd try to save some folks a little time if possible. If you have any questions, comments or complaints, hit me up here or as Ender on IRC.

A general tip I read was to make sure you have the Circle of Transparency turned off when lumberjacking as it will mess with some of the trees you're trying to cut down. Not sure how transparency works in regards to relative location, but I know it gave me hell before I set the macro up and was doing it manually. I'll run some tests sometimes to verify.

Lumberjacking:

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|8|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Dress: Axe
Assistant.Macros.DressAction|Axe
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1305|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|5
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.1000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|harvest
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Next tree!
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|370
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|4144|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Essentially, the macro will equip an axe for you if you have one in your pack, keep chopping the trees as you move from one to the next, and cut the logs into boards without you ever having to make another keystroke.

Here's the repost of the macro, with an explanation of each part next to the step.

!Loop - For those extremely new to Razor, this just makes the macro run over and over, to keep you from having to push a button every time. To make a macro loop, there's a small checkbox in the bottom right of the Macros tab.
IfAction|8|-1|0 - This is an If statement that covers whether or not you still have an axe in your hand (if it broke from the last loop or if you're just starting the macro). To create an If statement, right click in the action box and move down to "Special Constructs" > "Insert If Conditional." On the new menu, in the first box click and select "L Hand Empty." Make sure that you select left hand and not right because when I was testing out the macro with right, it just looped over and over re-equipping the various axes I had in my pack.
HotKeyAction|0|Dress: Axe - This will trigger the dress macro to fire and equip the next axe you have in your pack. If you're not that familiar with the Arm/Dress tab of Razor, I'll explain it at the end as to not break up the flow.
DressAction|Axe - Equips the axe
EndIfAction - This ends the If statement so that the rest of the macro can fire off or restart.
HotKeyAction|1305| - This is the hotkey for use item in hand. If you're unfamiliar or can't find this, I'll explain it at the end.
TargetRelLocAction|-1|0 - This targets the tree on the tile to your immediate West. To create this specific step on its own, have the targeting cursor ready to go when you start to record the macro (if you're doing it step-by-step) and position yourself to the East of the tree and target it. Once you have the absolute target in your macro, right click it and select "Convert to Relative Location." I picked this spot simply so that you're not behind it and trying to look through the limbs to see if you're in the right spot.
PauseAction|00:00:01.1000000 - A simple pause between axe swings. I've seen people use lower delays, but I leave mine around 1.0 to 1.1 due to my lag. To insert a pause, Right Click > "Special Constructs" > "Insert Pause/Wait" and select the top button and type out the time in milliseconds (1000 is 1 second).
IfAction|4|0|harvest - The second If statement that lets you know when you've cleaned out the tree. Again, right click > "Special Constructs" > "Insert If Conditional" > click on first box and select "SysMessage" and then write "harvest" in the second box.
SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Next tree! - This is a simple speech command that can be whatever message you want to let you know that the tree is finished, in case you don't want to try to read through the spam in the bottom left. Just say whatever message you want while recording to input it into Razor.
EndIfAction - Ends the If statement for the tree being empty.
IfAction|5|1|370 - An If statement to cut the logs into boards if you're starting to get a bit heavy. Same as the other Ifs, just select Weight on the drop down menu once it pops up and use whatever weight you want to start cutting logs.
DoubleClickTypeAction|4144|True - This is a use by type action. Once recording use whichever carpentry tool you have available and go through the menus to make boards. Now, right click on the Double Click action and select "Convert to DClick by type." This way, if you happen to break whatever tool you were using, and having two in your pack, it will automatically use the next one if it's the same type. (If you're copying and pasting the macro, I used Jointing Planes)
WaitForMenuAction|0|300 - These are just the steps of you crafting the boards.
MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
WaitForMenuAction|0|300
MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
PauseAction|00:00:08 - I didn't test this out much as I'm not a huge min-maxer, but this just gives you a brief pause while you craft the boards so that the macro won't reloop and keep trying to cut the boards before the craft is done. It's a pause of 8 seconds, or 8000 milliseconds.
EndIfAction - The final end to finish the crafting part of the macro.

Mining
My North macro:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3718|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|0|-1
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|metal
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|16|17|No more ore!
Wasn't going to go as in depth on the mining one since so much was explained in the lumberjack part. If you were only interested in mining, use the Find function and search the thread for the command you're curious about. Essentially this macro will keep mining so long as you have pickaxes or shovels (I used pickaxes in my macro) and the mountain is on the correct side of whichever macro you've hit. You'll need to recreate the macro three times selecting different relative locations every time. If doesn't even have to be a mountain when you're making the macro, you can simply click the tile on the ground next to you. The difference with this macro is that you'll need to press a key to change the direction you mine when you're traveling around the mountain. You can set this to whatever you want but I found the directional keys to be fairly intuitive and after about 30 minutes it should be second nature. To mine North, I just used the directional key up as the hotkey, East right, South down, and West left. I'll explain hotkeys below if you're still unfamilar with them.

Also, another simple macro to speed up the process.
Smelting:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|6585|True
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1073779466|5236|4005|37|6563
Same as usual. Change the ore double click to Dclick by type and it will do every large pile of ore you have, including colored (I mention every pile in case you break down colored piles into singles to raise mining faster). I left the target as absolute because I was mining in Delucia and the two forges are on the same screen so it bugs out and doesn't work if you use Target by Type. But if you're mining in Cove or somewhere else with spread out forges, Target by Type forge will work just as well (but you have to make sure it's the same type of forge, there's small circular ones and long rectangular ones). I have this set to Shift + Left key to stay in the same area of the keyboard while mining. If you keep the other sizes of ore you can make a macro for them as well. Could probably combine it into one long macro with Ifs but I didn't bother. I just made two more for the other two sizes that smelt into one ingot (Shift + Up and Shift + Right).

Arm/Dress
The "Arm/Dress" tab is on the second from the right (top or bottom depends on which tab you've used last). To create a new one, just hit Add, and then name it whatever you want (I selected Axe in my case). Once created, hit Add (target) from the right side of the box and select the item you would like to equip (I used axes as my tinkering wasn't high enough to make hatchets yet). After you've selected the item, right click on the item in the Arm/Dress box and click "Convert Selected to TYPE." This will equip any axe you have in your backpack, and not just the specific one you targeted. Once you have the items ready to be dressed, click on the Hot Keys tab, expand the "Dress" box, and then select "Dress: Axe". At this point you can set the hot key to whatever you'd like (can be something that won't take up the slot of another hot key that you would use since you'll probably only ever hit the hot key once when making the macro). As an example, I used Alt + Shift + Down. Click on set and then you're golden. After that you just have to hit the hot key while recording and it will initiate your dress command during your macro.

Hot Keys
I explained hot keys somewhat above but was just gonna cover some other simple basics. For the lumberjacking macro, to use item in hand, once you're on the Hot Keys tab, expand the "Items" box and then select "Use Item in Hand" (it's near bottom of "Items" list). Then you just have to set the keystrokes you want to hit when you're making the macro. Again, I used something I would never hit again so it wouldn't take up another important hotkey spot. Mine was Alt + Shift + Up. Hit that once your macro is recording and voila, you'll have that axe ready for the chopping. To set a Hot Key for the macros, you just have to scroll down to the "Macros" box and search for the name of your macros. To start my lumberjacking macro, I just used something simple that was somewhat related to what I was doing before and used Alt + Up. Once you're done macroing and grow tired of the spam from a macro trying to fire, you can set a hot key to "Stop Current Macro" so that you don't have to tab over to Razor and click on the stop button. The stop macro hot key is found at the top of the list in the "Macro" box. I set mine to Alt + Del.

The other three mining macros.

East:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|1|0
South:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|0|1
West:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-1|0
Happy Gathering.

Return to “Guides”