GM Detect without tinker made boxes

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Blasphemy

GM Detect without tinker made boxes

Post by Blasphemy »

For those players who don't have access to a house full of tinkered boxes you can gm detect by the following method, granted it will take a little longer. First get to 50.1 my macroing on any box, it doesn't even have to be trapped, as I tried both locked-trapped boxes and on any random box. Once you hit 50.1 head to Minoc bank and macro detect on one of the center boxes in the back room. It took me approx 1.5hrs on these to GM. Yes, its not as fast as the box trick with 100+ boxes but it works. I would gain .2-.4 quite often as it checks all the boxes. Anyways thought it might help someone.

Delirious

Re: GM Detect without tinker made boxes

Post by Delirious »

You are my savior. Thanks so much. Too bad there's the 10 second delay on this skill, otherwise i'm sure it would be faster than sin.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I think it already is the fastest possible GM you can get (under ideal circumstances).

I GMed Parry in about 45 minutes, but took another 20 minutes or so to set up, plus a couple GM healers. Given enough boxes, and of course starting with 50.0 in the skill on character creation, you could conceivably GM this in 2 or 3 minutes.

Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

I just simply wanted to share how I did it without access to a house (noticed people were asking for trapped box house locations, and like me, without success) or the financial ability to buy the gm made boxes.. I can only imagine how blazingly fast it would have been if I had the house and boxes to do it "right". Thank you for the kind words in any regards.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

They don't have you be gm made boxes, and you don't need a house. A 50/50 newb tinkerer/carpenter can make some traps with crossbow bolts and a few logs.

Return to “Guides”