Guide: Veterinary + Animal Lore + Musicianship on 1 macro

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: Veterinary + Animal Lore + Musicianship on 1 macr

Post by RaveGreen »

Not really any updates to this in a while and I was looking for some info like:

* How much time macroing from purchased skill to GM?
* How many bandages required from purchased to GM?
* Any other relevant info

I've started to train this myself from purchased/trained skill, which I believe to be about 35-38.x (shown). So far it has taken me roughly 15 hours and 9000 bandages to reach 80.0 shown.

I'll try and add a little more detail as the skill is raised further.

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

tergos

Post by tergos »

First of all, first post - hi all!

Old thread, but thought I'd add a different flavour to this, I know most are content with the NPC approach but I'd been working on my Vet with two Polar Bears until one died due to lack of bandages. Too lazy to go get another bear, the following works (char 1) vet, animal lore & wrestle as well as (char 2) healing. I needed a way of preventing my weak tamer char from getting maimed by the (now highly skilled) polar bear, so through an elaborate setup managed to put this adaptive macro together:

Ingredients
-----------
4 regular tables
1 large, cuddly polar bear
2 new chars

Method
-------
See image where:
A = vet/wrestle/animal lore char starting point
B = heal (presumably could do something else?! Gonna add provoke...)
C = said cuddly polar bear
polar bear method N.bmp
polar bear method N.bmp (94.93 KiB) Viewed 9850 times

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|2
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|1|90
Assistant.Macros.WalkAction|0
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|213
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|3
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|33
Assistant.Macros.WalkAction|4
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|2
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|213
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Obviously the healing char just has a bog-standard "heal last-target" macro, but I'll build it further to add provoke (already GM'd musicianship). It's also good as char 1 won't die if (like me) you're stupid enough to run out of bandages.... Thoughts??

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Everything I have found on these forums for vet is useless. Skill gain dies at 96, and that's what it is. I left the house early this am for a day out with the girl, came back to NO gains, not even .1 so kept reading.. One post recommended having 0 lore while training vet, so I dumped my GM Lore to do this. Alt character kept dragon redlined 20 straight times, and I healed the dragon each time. No gain. Getting my GM lore back. Not happy at all with this BS skill gain, worse than lockpicking and resist.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

OK finally GM'd Vet today after 5 full days of macroing and roughly 50k bandies, and this was 5 days from 96 skill. I had always just used Vet during my hunting so I have no stats for that. I had periods I'd gain like .3 in 6 hours, then not .1 in 12 hours. Its just a tough skill to GM. I would recommend GM'ing vet before you start Lore, or else you will be like I did having to undo Lore to train Vet. Having GM Lore simply made me heal too many HP and Vet skill gain seemed even slower. Having 0 lore, you heal for less, and your animals stay damaged more often which in turn means you are vetting more!! More vet = more chance to gain. Good luck and stick with it, you will do it. I see there are only 100 GM Vets on the shard, so I feel special lol

Lamer
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lamer »

best method to gm !imho!

after ~90 skill
2 dragons
1 house
second char that casts poison field on the drags with a delay based on the time your current vet and animal lore skill needs to heal both dragons to 90-100% then pf again...
took about aprox 50-60k bandages from ~30 to gm took few days maybe 4-5...

gl, was a pain in the ***

gm lockpick i lold, gm taming i lold, but this is really really annoying

Grogor

Post by Grogor »

GMed Vet last night. Very difficult skill to GM. Up there with Taming and Lockpicking, but tougher IMO for some different reasons.

Once you hit 96.x, it becomes incredibly slow. I mean ridiculous. I had 2 dragons with a table between them and I was running Vet A, Vet A, Vet B, Vet B, (twice each to combat the poison) etc. for 8 hours and gained only 0.1. I then decided to look and see what I could be doing wrong.

What I found was if you drop Animal Lore to 0, your gains will be faster. Apparently, at GM Animal Lore, you almost never fail at Vet. You need a chance to fail to have a chance to gain. Dropping Lore will help you do that. Don't worry, you can gain it back in an evening of macroing, but it is practically a must if you are going to GM Vet.

I had 2 Grizzly Bears attacking one another, and I used a bandage on each one, alternating the whole time. I looped it for 100, then restocked bandages, meat, and fed both bears. That's it. Worked like a charm, but it took a loooooong time (approx. 48 hrs from 96-GM). I'd guess close to 100k bandages from mid 30s to GM. Macro is below. Take out the {comments} if you are copying this.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|100 {Loop for 100}
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1027| {Use Bandage}
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|2|61111|2650|123|6|212 {Grizzly Bear A}
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1027| {Use Bandage}
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|2|163743|2651|124|6|212 {Grizzly Bear B}
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-3 {Restock Meat And Bandages}
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1082442537|2652|124|12|3702 {Target Bag}
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|2545|2 {Lift 2 Meat}
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0xEEB7|(-1, -1, 0)|0 {Feed Grizzly Bear A}
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|2545|2 {Lift 2 Meat}
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x15E7|(-1, -1, 0)|0 {Feed Grizzly Bear B}

fdtreece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fdtreece »

Just Gmed Vet last night, can confirm all you need is a huge pile of bandages (took me around 75k), 2 polar bears fighting and a lot of patience to take you to GM. I did start my guy with 50 Vet so that saved an estimated 20k bandages and I also kept my animal lore at 0 the whole time.

As everyone else says, gains slow down considerably in the 90s, but with enough determination and bandages, you will get there!

randale

Post by randale »

But, I'm wondering, is veterinary even worth it? I have GM vet and GM animal lore, and it doesn't seem to do much more than a greater heal spell, at least on this shard, and with greater heal the heal is instant. The only plus side I can see is that it doesn't require mana to use.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

randale wrote:But, I'm wondering, is veterinary even worth it? I have GM vet and GM animal lore, and it doesn't seem to do much more than a greater heal spell, at least on this shard, and with greater heal the heal is instant. The only plus side I can see is that it doesn't require mana to use.
save your mana and regs, or heal both with vet and gheal...
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey