Guide: GMing Meditation Liquor Style (Cheap & < 24 Hours)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
randale

Re: Guide: GMing Meditation Liquor Style (Cheap & < 24 Hours

Post by randale »

Also, since this macro isn't completely afk, are there any mid-points, say where you can set the X, it will be more difficult to succeed say if you meditation was 60, and you set the X at 30, but at least you wouldn't have to adjust it every 5 points, unless you want to wake up several times to do so.

ONEmortal

Post by ONEmortal »

I apologize Randale I thought you were confused as to why I had put that there. That's my fault. Sorry.

To answer your question: I wouldn't say there's actually any "mid-points" but I will say this. I have left my macro on overnight where I couldn't change X, and it still gave me gains past the point of X anyways. So it will still work up to a certain point, but it will stop eventually.

For more clarification I guess the best advice I could give you is instead of increments of 5, you probably are safe with increments of 10 or even 15. The gains may not be as good, but it will still work up to a certain point. I know, I know, not entirely AFK, but mostly. I wish I could figure out a way to avoid this, but I'm not sure how. With any other meditation macro you are still forced to constantly change it to keep up with "prime gains." Guess that is the bane of being a difficulty based skill.

Thanks for asking though I'm sure other people will be wondering the same thing. I might edit that into the main guide itself just for clarification.
Eastwood wrote:I vote this guide best new guide of 2012!
I'm glad it's working for you! That's awesome. Keep passing it on to anyone else who is struggling with meditation.

Byokii

Post by Byokii »

yeah i didn't go 24 hours strait. I did this over 3-4 nights so each night i adjusted 10 or 15 points.

I GM'ed it with my macro set to drink if i was above 28. Remember the first med after the alcohol acts is like -12-15 points of mana so 28 really turns into 11-16.

randale

Post by randale »

I found you'll still be drunk after you res if you died drunk, not even death cures you :)

Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Badass Guide! Thank You For Posting This!!!

mic275620

Post by mic275620 »

Definitely works. Thanks!
- Mygar

Conquistador

Post by Conquistador »

randale wrote:I found you'll still be drunk after you res if you died drunk, not even death cures you :)
Gotta sleep it off!

mic275620

Post by mic275620 »

Update regarding my experience:

* Takes way more than 24hrs (perhaps a solid week)
* Confirmation that mana>=25 results in "inebriation is not conducive to meditation" much of the time

I am currently at 99.4 and have bumped X up to 30 again to see if that helps.
- Mygar

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

I just completed this in under 40 hours straight macroing (relogging for server down).

For overnight periods I would change the sweetspot to be -10 than what I was at, this allowed me to continue to gain almost 25 points overnight.
mic275620 wrote: * Confirmation that mana>=25 results in "inebriation is not conducive to meditation" much of the time
The hardest part seems to be the last 5.0 alright, I spent about 10 hours on that alone due to being drunk approx 50% of the time. Even in full leather, and while smashed drunk, you seem to be able to get unlucky and drift just above 25 mana and then push yourself over the limit.

If its any consolation, those last .6 points did come along pretty quick for me even with this (Less than 2 hours)
The Full leather armor is a must for slowing down gains. All in all it was about 125 bottles of liquer I went through.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

ONEmortal

Post by ONEmortal »

mic275620 wrote:Update regarding my experience:

* Takes way more than 24hrs (perhaps a solid week)
* Confirmation that mana>=25 results in "inebriation is not conducive to meditation" much of the time

I am currently at 99.4 and have bumped X up to 30 again to see if that helps.
I'm not sure how it would take a solid week doing this. I just recently GM'd another character in less than a day (actual hours macroing, not actual time). I started it around 12PM, ran it until server reset which is 4AM for me, and then started again at 8AM next day and was GM by the afternoon. I did not lower the value of X on this character below 30 and the total liquor used was less than 100 bottles.

Thank you for confirmation on the 25 as well. I have notated the original post reflecting that in case people see issues. I have GM'd easily even lowering the value of X to 25 though as well. At this point I am just seeking maximum efficiency and I think we will find that with leaving X at 30, or even 35.
Nystal wrote:I just completed this in under 40 hours straight macroing (relogging for server down).

For overnight periods I would change the sweetspot to be -10 than what I was at, this allowed me to continue to gain almost 25 points overnight.
mic275620 wrote: * Confirmation that mana>=25 results in "inebriation is not conducive to meditation" much of the time
The hardest part seems to be the last 5.0 alright, I spent about 10 hours on that alone due to being drunk approx 50% of the time. Even in full leather, and while smashed drunk, you seem to be able to get unlucky and drift just above 25 mana and then push yourself over the limit.

If its any consolation, those last .6 points did come along pretty quick for me even with this (Less than 2 hours)
The Full leather armor is a must for slowing down gains. All in all it was about 125 bottles of liquer I went through.
Thank you for your information on this.

I am believing at this point that maybe keeping the value of X at 30 or even 35 all the way to GM may be the best and most efficient way. Exactly as you've described it (you seem to be able to get unlucky and drift just above 25 mana) is what I have noticed as well and which is what prompted me to notate the original post with this information.

McTavish

Post by McTavish »

Good guide, I've a slight variation to the macro which 'softens' the initial liquor consumption so I don't get so drunk and consequently can set the mana target lower and seems to get the skill gain better:

If (Mana >= X)
Double Click (Bottle of Liquor)
Wait for Target
Exec: Target Self
Pause 15.00sec
EndIf
If (Mana <= X+10)
UseSkill Meditiation
Say: guards
Pause 10.00sec
EndIf

Like I went from 89.1 to 89.7 while typing this message. For the value of X I used the table provided by roguan on viewtopic.php?f=9&t=418&start=15 and added about 10 to the target value from the table so I don't drop too low.

McTavish

Post by McTavish »

Update:

Been macroing continuously since last message (apart from running out of liquor at some stage last night while I was sleeping). Meditiation is now at 99.0

Macro for the last few points (and upto GM) is:

Code: Select all

If (Mana >= 20)
Double Click (Liquor)
Wait for Target
Exec: Target Self
Pause 15.00 sec
End If
If (Mana <= 30)
UseSkill Meditiation
say 'guards'
Pause 10.00 sec
EndIf

Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fender »

Thank you ONEmortal for the for the med macro and thank you McTavish for the macro improvement! It works great!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Dude dont spam guards, you can set if conditionals that will say guards only when need be armed almost every second if its that essential.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Anon Emous

Post by Anon Emous »

The admin should add this to the wiki. Its the best way i have found yet. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Guides”