Guide: Veterinary

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Milliband

Guide: Veterinary

Post by Milliband »

You hear a lot of people moaning about how hard it is to GM Veterinary, then they regale you with tales of healing 2 polar bears every 5 seconds for several weeks.

0-90: is actually relatively quick just healing 2 polar bears fighting each other, so its worth doing this to get here.

90-GM
What you need:
1. 1 tough tamed dragon, the tougher the better. Boxed in, in your house.
2. a character with 90 Vet/0 animal lore
3. Another character to damage the dragon down to 5% health. (if you do this with your Vet, the dragon will eat you)
4. Vet away, you get the most gains from attempting to heal at a creature at its lowest level of health, whilst healing only a very small amount at the same time. Meaning you gain longer before you have to re-damage it. At GM lore you will heal so much damage each time you will have to constantly be damaging it to get it into the good gaining areas.
5. ????????
6. Profit.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37675 - Violent Library all your Runebook needs.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37676&p=326480#p326480 - Taming Bible explained.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: Veterinary

Post by Mirage »

Is vet difficulty based?

Do I need to be healing the bears at a certain health to get gains?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

it actually got really slow for me only at about 96. until then it was easy with polars.

but i would probably rather vet polars for days than sit there attending manually ebolting a dragon.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Milliband

Post by Milliband »

nightshark wrote:it actually got really slow for me only at about 96. until then it was easy with polars.

but i would probably rather vet polars for days than sit there attending manually ebolting a dragon.
The polar bear method takes forever, probably 10 days straight from 90-GM. This method offers a quicker way of GMing the skill, but does require a bit more attention. In no way does it require the level of attention you seem to be insinuating in your post.

Milliband

Post by Milliband »

Mirage wrote:Is vet difficulty based?

Do I need to be healing the bears at a certain health to get gains?
Yes I think all skills are difficulty based. So healing the top 1% on a polar bear where you rarely fail will give bad gains. But attempting to heal a creature on 1-5% hp gives good gains and having massive amounts of hit points and only healing a tiny amount at a time is good.

Return to “Guides”