Guide : Blacksmithy Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Lazarus

Re: Guide : Blacksmithy Guide

Post by Lazarus »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Where exactly is your macro hanging at?
Also you want a delay at the end...I think its anywhere between 9-11 secs. Without the delay you are muddling up the timer.
I deleted all my BS macros after I Gmed, just set the delay high and watch the countdown to get it perfect. It may even be less.
After I record the macro and play it the first time it works OK but then it hangs up on after double clicking the tongs, waiting for the materials.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Lazarus wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Where exactly is your macro hanging at?
Also you want a delay at the end...I think its anywhere between 9-11 secs. Without the delay you are muddling up the timer.
I deleted all my BS macros after I Gmed, just set the delay high and watch the countdown to get it perfect. It may even be less.
After I record the macro and play it the first time it works OK but then it hangs up on after double clicking the tongs, waiting for the materials.
Did you put the "pause" in? If not make sure to highlight the last line of the script and look for the submenus to pop. Go to "Add Pause Wait" then put a pause in. Start at 11000 MS (which of course translates into 11 seconds). The reason you set it higher is because you want to see the countdown to get the exact timing on the first run.Turn off loop and play it manually one sequence at a time to see where the timer is.

What ever time remains after you complete each run, you subtract it from 11000 ms to have a more efficient macro. Edit the pause to that value.

It's not just record and loop for everything. Some things you need to add pauses in mostly at the end of an action otherwise the macro will hang.

Confirm that you did this and that this is not your problem. Simply recording actions will not guarantee a successful macro, more often then not moreso when you advance in your macro making you will have to tweak them to fine tune to perfection.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Thanks subrosa, I'm sure this is whats happening. I'm new to this macroing thing. I never even used UOA back in the day. I will try this when I get home.

monte

Post by monte »

Little help please.

The guides here say to use plate gloves and gorgets, but on the skill chart they are 50 and 53... Normal spears are 73... Would you use that? Or are the charts different for this shard?

I got to 99.0 with normal spears but seem to be stuck now. Went through 3k ingots and got no skill points. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Try shortspear and/or plate gloves even though they are less in skill. I switched things up a bit because it seemed to help in gains by creating different pieces, I don't know if it was because I would have gained anyway or not but it seemed to work anyway.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

monte wrote:Little help please.

The guides here say to use plate gloves and gorgets, but on the skill chart they are 50 and 53... Normal spears are 73... Would you use that? Or are the charts different for this shard?

I got to 99.0 with normal spears but seem to be stuck now. Went through 3k ingots and got no skill points. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
Yeah I am confused with this as well. at newbie level, i was making the plate gloves and gorgets easily. the t2a wiki also lists the skill req very low. I think it's true.

monte

Post by monte »

Ya, I have been going between short spears and large spears.. a few plate gorgets and gloves for the last 4 hours. About 10k or more ingots with no skill gain..... I have mining GM on the guy and nothing else over 50 except blacksmithing. 99.0 or real skill 98.9

edit: You think I am just extremely unlucky or could there be something wrong with my guy?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Are you sure you have skill points available, making sure you have everything you want to gain in with arrows up and everything you want to lower with arrows pointing down? If you do you might want to try some colored ores and see if you can craft with any of them. I used nothing but iron but it seems like you have to do something to budge your stagnant gains.

monte

Post by monte »

Ya, I checked all that. I only have 1 GM thing mining, one skill at 90, blacksmith at 99.0 and a tailering at 56. Everything else is set down.

Thanks for helping. What did you make from 99 to 100? Spears or somethign else?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Okay I had the gold and the ingots so I made breastplates and leggings as well as gloves and gorgets. I actually set a macro that made three and four different things one after the other just to add some variety. It seemed to work for me but it may have been all in my head.

monte

Post by monte »

I switched from doing spears to just breastplates... in the last hour I got .5 points.... So it looks like breastplates is the best for 99 to 100. spears was 73 skill 12 ingots and you got 10 back.. Breast is 24 and you only get 15 back... but at least it is going up!

Thanks for the assist.

Brady

Post by Brady »

Gracekain wrote:I think we got a bit off topic here :p

Anyway... Anyone have a good updated smith training guide on hand? I see some are saying make Kats and short spears at 55 skill but i do not see kats or short spears in my list of items to make. I'm at 58 real skill.
Im in the same boat as this guy. What's up?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I'm assuming that making katanas at 55 skill refers to a real skill of 55 with 100 str (~60 skill). I have something like 54.5 base skill with 59 real skill, and katanas are still not showing in my list.

I'll hit 55 base tonight, if I can be bothered, and post the exact amount of real skill necessary.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

RazitalJiminez

Post by RazitalJiminez »

yeah this guide is very out of date ...

I did cutlass --> kryss --> short spear --> long spear (now @ 87.4 and I usually always mixed in some gorgets every other macro of 2k ingots for variety)

gains seem pretty good but I can imagine the last 10, or even 5 points is hell :(

Bag

Post by Bag »

RazitalJiminez wrote:yeah this guide is very out of date ...

I did cutlass --> kryss --> short spear --> long spear (now @ 87.4 and I usually always mixed in some gorgets every other macro of 2k ingots for variety)

gains seem pretty good but I can imagine the last 10, or even 5 points is hell :(
what skill worked best here for you? I haven't been able to find a reliable guide that people seem to agree on. when did you switch to krysses/s spears/l spears?

Return to “Guides”