Guide : Installing UO and Connecting to Second Age

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide : Installing UO and Connecting to Second Age

Post by Teknix »

ok i'm having lots of problems w/ installing UO and keeping it working. i have to reinstall UO and razor everytime i want to log in. i keep getting this message..

There was an exception while attempting to load 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()

this is the largest message that razor throws at me, but basically it is saying it can't find the needed cliloc file. HELP!
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Teknix wrote:Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu" is denied.
Check to see if this file exists, Also, run Razor as Administrator.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

how would i run it as administrator?

and the file exists. if i were to reinstall uo, it would work the very first time, but it wouldn't work anymore if i were to restart my computer are try running razor
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Teknix wrote:how would i run it as administrator?
If you're in WinXP or Vista, right click on the file, it may say Run as Admin... there, if not, go to properties and check the compatability tab for the option. If you're in Win2k I think you'll need to only log on as an administrator

JellyRoll Morton

Post by JellyRoll Morton »

How come it take 8 hours to the UOML to download? krazyness!
TLC JellyRoll Morton

JellyRoll Morton

Post by JellyRoll Morton »

Okay i downloaded the UOML when i get it it comes tooa UO.RAR after that what the hell do i do because i havn't did this crap in years EXPLAIN TOO ME PLEASE!!!
TLC JellyRoll Morton

nick_drake_pacfic

Post by nick_drake_pacfic »

My skills on a PC as opposed to my Mac are embarrasingly horrid. Downloaded UO Gold (ML download would not work for me, stops all the time around 7MB), and when I double click on the uogold file, Install shield runs for a bit and then I get this:

1607: Unable to install Installshield Scripting Runtime

Any tips for PC noob?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nick_drake_pacfic wrote:My skills on a PC as opposed to my Mac are embarrasingly horrid. Downloaded UO Gold (ML download would not work for me, stops all the time around 7MB), and when I double click on the uogold file, Install shield runs for a bit and then I get this:

1607: Unable to install Installshield Scripting Runtime

Any tips for PC noob?
I suspect the file was not completely downloaded, this is not uncommon with web browsers :(

Thatch

Post by Thatch »

Hello! This is my first post, and first experience with Uo!
I was amazed when I first heard about this game, but saddened when I learned that some updates "ruined" it. Then I found out about this shard and became excited again! :D

Ah, but alas, I am having problems, too. I followed the instructions, but I cannot find the seem correct UO directory. There might be some other problems going on, too, that I'm not sure about, but that one is the one I know of as of now.

Help please? :(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thatch wrote:Hello! This is my first post, and first experience with Uo!
I was amazed when I first heard about this game, but saddened when I learned that some updates "ruined" it. Then I found out about this shard and became excited again! :D

Ah, but alas, I am having problems, too. I followed the instructions, but I cannot find the seem correct UO directory. There might be some other problems going on, too, that I'm not sure about, but that one is the one I know of as of now.

If you do the install you shouldn't need to find the directory, Razor should autodetect your client. If you can, hop in our IRC channel for faster help. If you'd let me know which client you installed and where you got hung up I'll do my best to get you going.

Thatch

Post by Thatch »

Derrick wrote:
Thatch wrote:Hello! This is my first post, and first experience with Uo!

If you do the install you shouldn't need to find the directory, Razor should autodetect your client. If you can, hop in our IRC channel for faster help. If you'd let me know which client you installed and where you got hung up I'll do my best to get you going.
I downloaded the torrent suggested in this thread:http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1456

Did I download the wrong thing?

Ah, tried auto-detect and got this:
"Failed to open 'map0.mul' from HD using a maximum install. Either this file is not readable, your system needs to be rebooted, or the file does not exist and you either need to reinstall or switch to non-maximum install"

Thanks for helping :) ,
I'll go on IRC is the problem persists.
Last edited by Thatch on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You've got the best distro available.

I think the problem was in your installation, you may have done the Minimal Install. This installation is a CD rip and offers a "run from CD" option, but it won't work, you have to do "Maximum Install" when installing.

It probably didn't patch correctly either if this is the case.

Uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, then run the setup again using Maximum Install, and then run the patch.

This should work.

Nosaj

Post by Nosaj »

When I get to login I type in a username and pw and click the arrow. Then the program just closes. I dont have an account yet and I DLed all the files on this site and should be good to go.

EDIT nevermind just worked guess account was already in use.

Jefro

When I first installed everything it was running fine

Post by Jefro »

I keep getting error messages from razor everytime i try to run it. The first is a missinh cliloc file when I first open it, then System.InvalidOperationException: Window handle already exists.
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CheckReleased()
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.ShowCore(IWin32Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options)
at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show(IWin32Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

I'll Donate 50 bucks to anybody willing top help me! IM super serious!

Jefro

Post by Jefro »

Now im having all kinds of problems. No BS if someone wants to make some money email me at Mojefro@yahoo.com

Return to “Guides”