Guide : Installing UO and Connecting to Second Age

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
cewp

Re: Guide : Installing UO and Connecting to Second Age

Post by cewp »

Actually. I will compile it.. this post is saved.....

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

That would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

Phreezer

Post by Phreezer »

Hey, so let me get this right, I just follow the steps, and when I get to the actual game I type in a account and password? And thats it?

If so im, getting a screen "Verifying Account".

And I checked to be sure everything was right... I copy/pasted it

Edit: now I'm getting a "Connecting" Screen. Then it crashes.

ReEdit: Now I'm "connecting" then it says "Unable To Connect To Ultima Online."
I don't think the server is down being that there's 468 players online. (Unless you have some massive bots that just make the server look more populated.)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is a faq here regarding possible connection problems:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5192

The one that stands out is razor version, it should be 1.0.11.38374 (from the Help & Status tab)

If this is not the problem, is it possible that the location you are playing from may have any firewalls or port blocking in place? This has been a problem at some universities and hotels.

Phreezer

Post by Phreezer »

The Razor verson is right, I'm at my house I turned of all firewalls/AV's and still the same problem.

nunley

Post by nunley »

Razor was unable to initialize. Error code: NO_MEMCOPY
Description: Could not copy packets lengths and/or encryption information from the client.
Cause: Your client version ma ynot be compatible with this verison of Razor. You must update your client at least version 4.0.0
I followed the instructions that ya’ll gave on the post, it was very helpful, but I keep getting this and I can hear the music but can’t see the chest…. I love this game and wanna get back into it old school style. Somebody please help? I did install the client and I didn’t do anything else (already having net, all that crap), then I installed the 5.0.0.8 or whatever patch that was in the UO file I downloaded. It keeps giving me this, however, and when I try to hit UO auto patch application or .exe it says my client may not be the most recent and tells me to go to the uo website which I know isn’t right. Please someone help !?!?!?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Try copying the patcher executable to the installed folder and run it in there, if you installed to an unusual location, it may not have been able to find the installation.

For more interactive and faster help, hop into irc. Info on main website, right column

richardl

Post by richardl »

Hi, I having problem with the T2A.
I´m installed the T2A and start to play like 2 or 3 minutes after open my client with the razor have a Crash! and close my UO :(
I´m using Windows Vista and starting the UO with administrator and tried to use 640x480 but have the same problem...
Anybody have some idea to help me ?

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

try turning your music off?...

Axiluvia

Post by Axiluvia »

I've installed UO, patched it up properly, installed Razor, set that up properly... and it crashes whenever I try and use Razor. I can't get to the login screen, or anything at all. It just crashes within a couple seconds of me clicking 'okay' on Razor.

First time I try, I get the Windows "do you want to report this to Microsoft?" error, second time: entire computer crashes and I need to reboot.

I'm using Windows XP x64, and have a widescreen monitor (don't know if that would make a difference or not).

I've tried uninstalling, and re-installing it, so I'm not sure what else to do here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The two things that might be the problem off the top of my head
Try running as administrator
or, The patch did not apply properly, becuase the patcher could not find the install, try copying the patch the the inalled folder and run from there

Axiluvia

Post by Axiluvia »

Derrick wrote:The two things that might be the problem off the top of my head
Try running as administrator
or, The patch did not apply properly, because the patcher could not find the install, try copying the patch the the inalled folder and run from there
I always log on as the administrator, since I'm the only one that uses this computer. The patch was already in the designated folder of the game, and Razor is in a subdirectory in there (since I was told that that's what I should do by someone else).

The patch did crash several times while I tried to install it (both times) but I did manage to get it to work all the way through eventually both times as well.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If the patcher crashed it may have corrupted your files. May need to reinstall from scratch.
The patch was created and tested using WindowsXP 64 bit edition, so there shouldn't be any incompatibilities with the OS.

Wryce

Post by Wryce »

Hi

I've installed client, latest razor and everything works fine but i'm stuck at verifying account.

Any suggestions?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Wryce wrote:Hi

I've installed client, latest razor and everything works fine but i'm stuck at verifying account.

Any suggestions?
It's probably because for the first time (to my knowledge) in UOSA history, the server is down due to yet unexplained reasons. Keep track of this thread or log on to IRC for details.

Return to “Guides”