[HOW TO] Get a perfect IDOC timer + Place your own house

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: [HOW TO] Get a perfect IDOC timer + Place your own house

Post by Budner »

I R nu IDOC plz

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Razor kinda ruins this game.
Seriously.
All the AFK gathering/buying regs and other resources.
The macros/hot keys people use are just insane.
Now this idoc thing.
I mean, it honestly sucks. UO is much cleaner/better without Razor.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I have to agree with Menk. UO has just become (who am I to talk, I didn't play for 12 years) an alternative to reality where the only requirement for pleasure is that the least amount of effort be input.

My only ambition is to make my macros as/more efficient as/than all the players who have been here for years. If there wasn't this automated spinal cord to the shard, the world would be much more leveled out, as things like AFK reagent purchasing, mining, lumberjacking wool-gathering wouldn't be inflating it.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

It could be worse... we could all be PAYING to play some other outdated game that sucks the soul from our very being.

For some reason, despite our grievances and contempt for certain aspects of this game... we are still playing it. (or at least commenting about it on forums.)

At least we all have internet access and get to eat everyday. We could be living in poverty somewhere else right?

Getting back on point... there are so many aspects and ways to play UO... every facet has people who specialize in it and are really good at it. (Unfortunately, I am not really good at any one thing I do... but I try.) I guess what I am saying is maybe just enjoy playing however you can and don't let a post like this bother you... maybe use it and try to place your own house? It doesn't hurt to click signs here n there... it doesn't need to be a full time profession... I for one can attest that the macro provided is a very nice one and has proven useful.

This will increase competition and hopefully level the playing field for people. Who knows what it will do to the real estate market... (I am all for the market going up OR down... as long as the server is active and evolving, it keeps the game interesting)

As always, just remember that this is supposed to be fun, and real life is always better than this game we waste our lives playing. :) (it makes me happy... so I play)

Cheers!
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Good post Xy, great attitude.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Nice original post, the rest is bullshit

The only thing good about an idoc is the fact the price of a house deed has gone to the wind! and it effectively becomes a gold sink albeit not a very good one.

Idocer's come and go, they get rich quick and get bored quick, they never last.

end of.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Couple of things..

1. Why would I post this?

Well I've explained this to a number of people and it was just becoming redundant explaining it each time. It was frustrating for me to see comments from noobs saying 'I'll never own a tower" and stuff like that, as well. And lastly, as Pirul said, this info is not new, it was posted on the forums before Tela deleted his posts, albeit scattered in replies and across various threads and not so neatly presented.

2. Razor affecting the game

That is BS - IDOCS are a great source of events and entertainment. You can still get a timer on a house without Razor by checking the sign roughly when you think it will turn on a half hourly or hourly stop watch. It just leads to increased player interaction in the end, because more players can attend decays.

3. The actual period of IDOC

I noticed that it did fluctuate slightly when I was doing regular decays, and I expect it might be slightly more or less than 17:20 right now. It's easy to check how much it is though once you've been doing a few IDOCS. Eventually you'll get a decay that is not affected by a server reset. If you take a screenshot when the house decays and compare it to what you were expecting, you'll be able to re-adjust the timer to be more precise. I'd say that world saves are affecting this. If it isn't 17:20, it's not further than a minute or two off.

Lastly, Galandae you are wrong in your calculations, re-read the O.P.

Speaking VERY generally:

- Decays with a server reset during IDOC take 17:40+
- Decays without a server reset during IDOC take 17:19+
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Ill never own a tower. :(
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I'm letting my tower at hythloth entrance idoc. place it there abyz/
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

The timer over 17 hours depends on the server save, so the more items the longer timer. Only by seconds or minutes thou=) And as Eo said not all idocs go over the server down.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

DONT YOU DARE
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Yuri
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Yuri »

I did an idoc last night.
House went idoc 1:17am
It fell at 6:54pm
Full time 17hrs 37 min***changed error

Keep in mind it went through server down.
Hope this helps
Last edited by Yuri on Thu May 23, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Surely you mean 17hrs 37 min, if Mr. Hewlett and Mr. Packard are not wrong.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Great post!! Right up there with the recent 'Rare Spawn locations' thread...

IDOC's are one of the fastest ways for new solo players to get started on this shard. That was the conclusion I came to within days of joining here. The population-to-IDOC ratio dictates that the odds of camping houses with little to no competition is fairly high [well above 50% odds by my spreadsheet]. This was not the case back in the day.

I'll add that there is a rough 'difficulty level' to the different areas on the map posted inasmuch as those odds are higher than other locations on the map.

THANK YOU FOR THE MACRO!! I spent a week or better digging through countless posts to gather the same info posted here in this thread so I could make a timer sheet, but I couldn't get the macro figured out.

Of course, I got the house I wanted, and the resources I needed [without paying INSANELY HIGH PLAYER PRICES!!] to start working on character development so I'm not currently IDOC'ing but when I get my chars up n running I will be returning to it.

I'd recommend any new player reading this should give IDOC'ing some thought...and I applaud the OP for putting this out. You are doing the shard a great service by sharing this info.

Kudos!
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Yuri wrote:I did an idoc last night.
House went idoc 1:17am
It fell at 6:54pm
Full time 11hrs 37 min

Keep in mind it went through server down.
Hope this helps
Your maths for the full time is a little off there - with those times it was 17:37 with a reset. Reset has been real quick lately, like 20 minutes. So if that is accurate, it could be closer to 17hrs and 17 minutes for an idoc period unaffected by reset.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.