How high to raise resist?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

How high to raise resist?

Post by morgan1109 »

My primary question is what level of resist do I need to achieve a 20-25% resist rate for 6th circle spells. I couldn’t find the answer, or a table to see how it scales. I want to make the best decision for my character. Since the question is specific to PVP, we can assume they are GM in all relevant mage skills for purposes of the calculation.

My base resist at 60 would be 60/5 =or 12%
My base resist against 6th circle against a GM mage would be 60-46 or 14%
My base resist if set to 70 would be 70/5 = 14% base and 70-46 or 24%
If my information is correct that 20-25% chance of resist would mean I need to raise my resist to 70%.

The Eval Int bonus damage doesn’t make sense to me. It says:

If your resistance is higher than your opponents evaluate intelligence, then the equation is:
(1 + (Attackers_EI - Your_resistance) / 200 )
If your resistance is lower than your opponents evaluate intelligence, then the equation is:
(1 + (Attackers_EI - Your_resistance) / 500 )

If I do the math at 70% resist that means the lower resist is better? If your resist is above their INT I got 115% damage (1.15). If the resist is lower then it is 106% (1.06). It sounds backwards. It sounds like as the receiver you would WANT your resist % lower than the attackers EI. I assume I am doing something wrong at this point for the EI damage modifier. What happens if they are equal? Which formula is used? If I GM’d resist, chances are the PK would have GM’d Eval so know the formula when equal would be helpful.

My current planned build looks like:
GM Mace
GM Tactics
GM Parry
GM Anatomy
GM healing (95 actual)
70 Magery (60 actual)
60 Hiding (90 actual)
70 Resist (55 actual)

The character is primarily PVM, but I want to withstand a PK attack. Right now I rely on hide or recall as my primary defense since I am still working toward the final build. I’m getting tired of being chased out of my hunting grounds though. My goal is to raise resist to the point I can regularly resist 6th circle spells about 20-25% of the time (since those seem to be the primary PVP spells). I want to keep Hide for those instances when the battle starts off badly and I need to wait for a bandage to hit. I want to keep magery around 70 so I can use the occasional 7th circle spell with a few failures (Gate, etc). I’d also like to have magery high enough that I can use 6th circle spells to finish mobs rather than chase them down (into other mobs, heh heh).

Thanks for any help provided,

Eomin
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Return to “Guides”