Guide : Razor

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Joueur Moyen

Re: Guide : Razor

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Rammar wrote:
Or in your Sell Hot Bag if you have one set.
Good point. I don't use that feature and forgot all about it.

Commodore Axavious

Post by Commodore Axavious »

Hey everyone - about stealing macros - I searched the forums a bit but I can only seem to find information related to training macros, not actually stealing from people. So, any razor wis out there with a hint... please throw it to me!

What I want to do is create a stealing macro for PVP that will auto-attempt to steal a certain type of item from my snooped opponent, and finding that there are none, automatically attempt a different type of item, repeating this process down a list of items based on PVP priority. First try for runes, then try for regs, then try for bandages, etc (not necessarily the order I'd settle on). I would just want this to loop so that it would fire every time I got close enough.

I can't see how to do this exactly, and I think it might be impossible... but just in case?

As I understand it, Razor cannot be pointed toward a particular container. Target-by-type will pick a random item inside any of your open containers, not only the mark's but also your own. It can therefor only be used to steal if you have none of the target item type in your own backpack. So, if you have no tunics, and the target has 2 tunics in their bag, steal-by-type-tunic will nab one, but the macro will then cease to work because Razor will not be able to tell which bag you're referring to and therefor which tunic to target. Is this correct?

If I'm right, then I could, say, grab a tank mage's hally with a macro, so long as I myself am carrying no halberds. But grabbing someone's bandages would be much more problematic if not impossible as I'd have my own supply to muck things up.

Would putting all of my things in sub-containers be a workaround for this? EG, I have my bandages in a pouch within my bag, so razor can't "see" them, where my target has his/hers out in the base-level pack, making them the only available target. After stealing some of their bandages, I could then set my macro to pick up the stolen swag put it in my bandage pouch, so that the whole thing can repeat, correct?

To make this even better, I could have my separate heal-self macro set to open the bandage pouch, double-click bandages, and close the pouch again, all in quick time...

Thanks for any input... still feeling out what Razor is capable of. Oh, and if anyone actually thinks they can provide the razor code for this or any part of this, I'd be much appreciative.

Kesler

Post by Kesler »

So I never used Razor before and am just wondering, I set up a quick herding macro but after each loop there is a 30 second delay before it starts again. Is it possible to eliminate this delay? Kind of a waste of time since herding has no timer.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Kesler wrote:So I never used Razor before and am just wondering, I set up a quick herding macro but after each loop there is a 30 second delay before it starts again. Is it possible to eliminate this delay? Kind of a waste of time since herding has no timer.
Select the last item in your macro, right-click and select "insert pause/wait". Select "pause", and type in 1000. Then, select and right-click the "wait for target" in your macro and set it to 1.

You might also want to set the "object delay" under "more options" to 1050 or 1100 as well if it hasn't already been done.

Kesler

Post by Kesler »

Rammar wrote:
Kesler wrote:So I never used Razor before and am just wondering, I set up a quick herding macro but after each loop there is a 30 second delay before it starts again. Is it possible to eliminate this delay? Kind of a waste of time since herding has no timer.
Select the last item in your macro, right-click and select "insert pause/wait". Select "pause", and type in 1000. Then, select and right-click the "wait for target" in your macro and set it to 1.

You might also want to set the "object delay" under "more options" to 1050 or 1100 as well if it hasn't already been done.
Thanks for the help :)

Naal

Re: Guide : Razor stealth macro

Post by Naal »

Use Skill Stealth
Pause 5 secs
If sysmsg "begin"
Pause 5 secs
else
Pause 5 secs
Use Skill Hiding
Pause 10 secs

^this works well, but if i fail to hide ("You can't seem to hide here")
then i get the stealth fail of ("You must hide first") and i waste 10 seconds re-hiding

is there a way to use hide again if i fail before stealth so i dont
get the "You must hide first" message? (ive tried but i couldnt' figure it out)

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

if ( SysMessage "you fail" )
UseSkill Hiding
Pause 10.00sec
UseSkill Stealth
Pause 10.00sec
else
UseSkill stealth
pause 10.00sec
If (sysmessage "you must hide")
useskill hiding
pause 10.00sec

loop!
This last part here in color is not really needed its just really their in case someone forgets to hide before first running the macro or if you disconnect and reconnect and start it not hidden.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Naal

Post by Naal »

I found this on the stealth wiki :oops:
it works perfectly.

If(SysMessage "quietly")
UseSkill Stealth
Else
if(SysMessage "well")
UseSkill Stealth
Else
UseSkill Hiding
End If
End If
Pause 10.00s

mazda

Post by mazda »

Need help with a macro that while fighting npc warrior I can heal only when npc is in need of it? hate to let it run all nite and go thru 10k bandies because its continuously trying to heal.

Thanks
I am just not sure how to do it. I cant figure out where in the constructs tab it lets me add variables like this.

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

You just need to set a pause. There is no "smart" way to do this, some "if health of target < 50% " etc. You just need to have it pause for the appropriate amount of time.

mazda

Post by mazda »

ok thanks alot.

mazda

Post by mazda »

ok dumb question here. How do I insert if health deal. Do I type it in is there acommand for that?

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

I may have worded my post poorly. There is NO such function as " if health of target < X " ...

Now you can do one for your own health however, by right clicking the macro pane , and going to "if conditional"

mazda

Post by mazda »

Ok so to setup the macro I would do the following.

Before macro I say all guard me. Then attack and say all stay.

Start macro and since I already attacking I only have to do the following.

Double click bandage targe the npc then pause for say 20 seconds since I will be using a dagger vs a paladin sec the pause for like 18 seconds if fighting an npc warrior set it for like 10 seconds? So no need to include attacking the npc with the macro?

Is this right?

I could also finish up healing to 80 by using the wizard hat and just macro healing that way right?

Thanks for all your help.

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

That sounds about right. My macro looks like this

Doubleclick ( clean bandage)
wait for target ( 1 sec timeout)
target hireling
Pause XXXXXXX ( the amount of time you think will keep your hire alive but not wasteful of aids)

So once i have that macro ready, I get my hireling to guard me, then i attack the hirling, then i cast invis on myself, then i press play on my macro.