Event Suggstion

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Aye or nay?

Aye
83%
Nay
17%

Total votes: 6

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Event Suggstion

Post by Fwerp »

The event would be simple. There would be two teams, and a point is scored when the other team is exterminated. When you die, you do not respawn until the next round, and potions and such are allowed. The number of rounds per game would depend on how long a round tends to take, but best of 3 or best of 5 should be reasonable.

Also, a variation of the game could use the cross-shaped map from the four-team CTF, and feature 4 teams, killing one another. Utter chaos would ensue.

It would be like Double Domination meets Counter-Strike/PvP Tournaments.

I think it would be reasonably easy to do and VERY fun.

Psilo

Re: Event Suggstion

Post by Psilo »

If it is random teams playing for trophys then that would be cool.

Otherwise top pvpers will stack one team and ventrilo-gank everyone. So I say we should keep teams random with an event like this, keep the ventrilo/setup team pvp in 2v2, and 3v3 tourneys.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Psilo wrote:If it is random teams playing for trophys then that would be cool.

Otherwise top pvpers will stack one team and ventrilo-gank everyone. So I say we should keep teams random with an event like this, keep the ventrilo/setup team pvp in 2v2, and 3v3 tourneys.

qft. advantage to big guilds with vent, random teams is the only way around this. but i think its pretty cool. because it could take awhile, best 2/3 would probably be the best,

corr]

Post by corr] »

What's wrong with people working together doing better? Why do people want to curb the benefits of teamwork?

I think its a good idea for an event, maybe even as a full replacement to double domination which breaks with more than like 10 people.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Here's my idea:

Spawn opponents in groups of two in small cells. These cells have a limited line of sight into the next room. I.e., much like a small house you can still find a few tiles that cannot be seen from another room....but in doing so you limit your own mobility. Once you've killed your opponent, you can try to drop dps or heals on another fight, but after a set period of time, your opponent respawns.

Goal would be to get as many points for your team as possible through kills and not being killed.

The balance for dexers and mages would be that while a dexer would usually have an advantage in a small room, he offers little to no help to his fellow team-mates beyond killing his own opponent. However a mage can offer great amounts of help to another player.....if he's willing to risk not being fully meditated by the time the next spawn starts.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

I have a better idea:

All players would start at random locations in a dungeon with no armor, weapon, reagents, etc. Nothing. You start naked, but there would be many many ground-spawned items, weapons & regs. There would also be numerous chests....which can contain one of three things:

1) A trap that will nearly kill you or leave you badly poisoned
2) A monster spawn
3) A large amount of regs, or potions, or bandages, or armor, or a Vanq weapon
4) Gold, rares, etc.

Now, at this point it could be one of three things:

A) An ever-increasing monster spawn, last man standing wins.
B) A free-for-all combat arena.
C) Timed version of either of the above with no winners*

*Winners would either get the standard event rewards, or be allowed to keep any treasure collected during the match from other players, monsters and boxes.

Personally I like option C better, but that's just me.

I think it would be interesting because it would make thieves and trap-disarming treasure hunters a force along side mages, dexers, tamers and provokers. Maybe I open a chest, out pops a dragon...I run and hide and along comes a tamer who tames the dragon and uses it to kill a thief who opened a chest with a small rare. Then a mage comes along and blasts the tamer down but ends up dying to the dragon. Finally the guy with 50 hiding and 50 stealth comes out with a backpack full of loot that his 10 str can barely hold.

TrialoDestinyVeteran

Post by TrialoDestinyVeteran »

i'd like to add an event suggestion as well, i am apathetic to whether or not this particular event is considered T2a or not, but it is fun as hell. (and im pretty good at it). On Trials of Destiny/World Divided, we had events among CTF, Tournies, etc.

TUB HUNT:
A GM or Admin puts rare hue tubs in containers around a town. sometimes bucs den. anyway, then they anounce it to everyone and u run around town like easter egg hunting, snatching badass dyes for guild colors, personal bragging rights or whatever. when all has been found the event is over, i believe. my brother was a GM on ToD.