The Daily Planet

Moderators: Downs, chumbucket, Millerisfuntoplay

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Daily Planet

Post by Clark_Kent »

As most of you know, the new Daily Planet will be opening for business soon. Walmart is moving into suburban Yew, as someone so eloquently put it for me the other day--let's get these vendors rolling!

Here's the details:

It's a large L shape wood and plaster located within viewing distance of the Yew Gate (just east of it).

It is Daily Planet themed.
-The entry room has the reception desk (soon to feature your vendors!) and a telephone booth.
-The back room is the printing room.
-The upstairs main room are the offices of the fine reporters of the daily planet (extra vendor room if eventually needed)
-The upstairs back room is Clark Kent's office!

As mentioned, I will be opening up the Daily Planet to any members of cA (as well as select others) who wish to run a vendor out of the home.

I respectfully request that members of cA do not steal in or around the Daily Planet. Don't shit where you eat, and all that noise--I get along quite well with most of my neighbors (well I did before I placed the L, blocking many paths to other shops...whoops.) and I personally do not harass their customers, it's just bad business for the shopping mall; we all benefit from healthy foot traffic.

That being said, I need to get you lads who wish to have vendors here organized. Here is a list of who I have down, # of vendors requested, and planned stock (what will you be selling?) If you don't see your name on this list, or I have anything incorrect please reply to this thread. I would like to attempt to unionize our prices for this as well, as I expect we will have some inventory overlap (I.E., almost all of us have tinkers--but that's a good thing, it means we can always supply someone with the tools they need. I would not mind having multiple vendors here that carry chumboxes, it'll guarentee we always have a healthy stock available and it'll make it "the spot to go" for chumboxes and bardic tools, aside from chums legally obtained goods, of course.).

Clark Kent (and Bettie Page): Vendors: One: cA themed souvenirs, home security, and bulk items. Which will include: GM Carp Items (Small Tables, GM Qstaff packs, some deeds), Tinker Items (lockpicks, decorations, chumboxes) bandages, Superman Costumes, custom carpet bombs (small brilliant fish, boots, cloth squares, checkers boards, backgammon, single gold coins, etc.) and whatever Clark Kent can scrounge up (I.E. a bit of everything, likely.)

NeilDiamond/Shea (Roadie): Vendors: One: daily rares, magic plate and chain sets, Silver/Force/Power/Vanqs, and Fishing items such as chests, furniture, paintings, shells, etc. Vendor Name: Storm

Chaos: Bulk Regs Vendor Name: Banning

Cataclysm (Vanette): Alchemist vendor, kegs etc. Vendor Name: Season

Krats: Scribe (runebooks, spellbooks, recall scrolls and gate scrolls) Vendor Name: Gotzone

Pristiq: Random items and fishing/mib stuff.

Cross-reference to the Daily Planet post on the Player Run Vendors section of the forums: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 53#p110653
Last edited by Clark_Kent on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Shea

Re: The Daily Planet

Post by Shea »

Hi Clark! Looking forward to the event. I would like to have one vendor at the Daily Planet who will sell daily rares, magic plate and chain sets, Silver/Force/Power/Vanqs, and Fishing items such as chests, furniture, paintings, shells, etc.

I can also donate some daily rares for the event. Ill hook up with you in game ASAP.
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Vendors are starting to be placed.

Cata and I spent a bit of time doing Vendor Replace until we found interesting names--I'd like it if others did as well. Let me know when you're ready to place and we'll get you a spot in the house. I'd like to forwarn you that the priority vendor spots (IE, near the front door) will be reserved for those who can keep their vendors well stocked to keep the foot traffic coming into the house, so I will not be putting a vendor limit cap on this house--anyone who wishes to have a vendor here may, however, if you fail to keep your vendor regularly stocked I will ask that we move your vendor to the upstairs floor (thoughts on having vendors on the upstairs floor? There's excellent spots for them up there within the decoration).

Is there anyone wanting to do an inscription vendor? Else, I'm going to allow BilboTBaggins to setup a vendor.
Last edited by Clark_Kent on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Downs

Post by Downs »

actually, i have a scribe!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Pricelist thusfar (again, I'd like to have uniform pricing for any item overlap, if you feel something should be priced higher or lower, please give feedback! I only price check my stuff against the surrounding Yew Area:

Bandages: Roughly 2.5 per, give or take a decimal point or two.
Lockpicks: 5.555 per (Surrounding area does roughly 8gp per, I may adjust this depending on how quickly/slowly they sell.)
Small Tables: 175gp
Fishsteaks: 0.5gp
Regs: 4gp each (stacks of 1000 currently being stocked by Chaos) for all but Pearl and Moss, they are 6gp each.
Last edited by Clark_Kent on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shea

Post by Shea »

Clark_Kent wrote:Pricelist thusfar (again, I'd like to have uniform pricing for any item overlap, if you feel something should be priced higher or lower, please give feedback! I only price check my stuff against the surrounding Yew Area:

Bandages: Roughly 2.5 per, give or take a decimal point or two.
Lockpicks: 5.555 per (Surrounding area does roughly 8gp per, I may adjust this depending on how quickly/slowly they sell.)
Small Tables: 150gp
Fishsteaks: 0.5gp

Sounds good. I should have no problem keeping my vendor fully stocked.
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Note: I'll be in Vegas from Friday til Monday. So if you'd like to get your vendor rolling, Today (Thursday) is the time to get with me if you don't want to wait til I get back.

Would anyone be interested in running a regs vendor or a poison vendor?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Added Bulk reg vendor atm stocking at least 5k each reg atm .. stock will do up with demand .. however if you are in need of large supply now pm me I can arrange most any large buy in short order .. prices on vendor are basic 4 6 prices..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Looks like we're having some pretty solid foot traffic so far at the daily planet! I've already had to restock my bandages, lockpicks, and small tables. We've had 500 visitors since going public on Thursday! Nice work everyone.

We still have room for a few more vendors on the ground floor! The upstairs is totally available still.

Downs

Post by Downs »

I'm ready to set up my vendor whenever u can friend me
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Krats

Post by Krats »

Gotzone is up and running.. more will be added as the resources are made available

Recall 40gp per
Mark 50gp per
Gate 60gp per
Ressurection 70g per
Runebooks 500gp
Full Spell books 5000gp
Last edited by Krats on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Catacylsm isn't keeping his alchemist vendor stocked. That job and vendor spot is now up for grabs if anyone wishes to run a Keg vendor out of the Daily Planet.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I Could offer my services as a Alchy vendor as well as the bulk reg vendor but not sure how effect that would be seeing i also Paulette the Keg vendor beside the daily planet .. I offer kegs there at about the cheapest I've ever seen and keep it stocked .. if people would like me to place a vendor for Kegs "IN side" the daily planet I will gladly do .. just don't know if its practical .. let me know what you think and what you want me to do ... (maybe sell that vendor house .. just like owning property (the other vendor at that house is an old server mate of mine from long ago .. not even sure if hes still playing )

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Shea

Post by Shea »

FYI, I am in Washington DC all this week and then Boston most of next week. I have a ton of loot to sort and put up on the vendor, which I will do from my hotel room sometime this week or weekend.

Krats

Post by Krats »

Was out for most of last week, Gotzone will be restocked within the day
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.