LOCKPICKING???????

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Kinarah

LOCKPICKING???????

Post by Kinarah »

Are we to follow wiki or not? Basically, can you lockpick a level 5 with 97 lockpicking and 60 detect? Or do you need GM lockpicking for a level 5. If it is the latter, this also leads me to my next point. As I recall it on OSI you did not need 100 lockpicking to open a lvl 5 map. Anyway, most importantly, can you open a lvl 5 map (devious) with 97 lockpicking/60 detect?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: LOCKPICKING???????

Post by Safir »

Kinarah wrote:Are we to follow wiki or not? Basically, can you lockpick a level 5 with 97 lockpicking and 60 detect? Or do you need GM lockpicking for a level 5. If it is the latter, this also leads me to my next point. As I recall it on OSI you did not need 100 lockpicking to open a lvl 5 map. Anyway, most importantly, can you open a lvl 5 map (devious) with 97 lockpicking/60 detect?
I believe one would need 100 to open up a lvl 5 chest. Also, the detect is not needed. Once you've picked the chest you can just walk off and cast telekinesis to open up the chest from a distance and set off the trap.

t2athunter

Post by t2athunter »

is this true!!? Can you \anyone confirm this? I thought Telekenisis only worked on lower level chests ( 1 MAYBE 2 ) but not the higher chests 3,4,5. If so then this makes remove trap useless for t hunting. thus giving me another skill for my build. please confirm!!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Remove trap should only be necessary on a stealther who wishes not to be seen in his going about.
You can safely set off a normal dungeon trap exactly one open space between you and the chest without telekenesis. This is ONLY dungeon chests though, not chests from treasure maps, tinker traps, or city chests.

With detect hidden you can open a level 5 chest at 95, but it takes awhile.

You can use telekenesis on any unlocked container or door.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “Guides”