My Feedback

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bretmichal

My Feedback

Post by bretmichal »

Hi everyone,
This site is good. There are many features here. There are many things that makes this site a good one. Especially the forum section has got many of the main threads and which are worth discussing. Healthy discussion would take place. Many new Contents could also be introduced here. The only thing I would like to suggest is to add some more feature & pluggins in it. Some more smileys and avatars should be added.

Also to add-up with some of the well-known social-networking sites so that more & more people would come to know about this site ,ultimately this would lead to increased number of registration here.

Derrick

Re: My Feedback

Post by Derrick »

I think these are excellent ideas.

We did add an avatar pack of all the OSI shard logos a few weeks ago.

If there is anyone interested in putting together some image packs, I'll load them up.

As far as integration with other social networking sites, I personally do not use any social networking sites and am probably not the guy to spearhead this. If anyone familiar with PHPBB3 would like to get involved in adding some features to the UOSA forum, I'd very much welcome it.

It would also be nice to have a reputation system.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

What sort of images are you looking for? The in-line ones like smileys? :lol: But with a uo-theme ect? I wouldn't mind doing something like that if you can specify what format dimensions and file-size they need to be.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, any images would be great.

Avatar dimensions should be Min 20x20 and max 80x80
The "Smilies" are 15x15
Topic Icons are 16x16 (Although the buy sell ones are 34x26

An example of an avatar gallery is here: http://forum.uosecondage.com/ucp.php?i= ... _gallery=1

Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Derrick wrote:Aye, any images would be great.

The "Smilies" are 15x15

An example of an avatar gallery is here: http://forum.uosecondage.com/ucp.php?i= ... _gallery=1

Thanks!
Lol, its funny because when I looked at those logo's I could no remember which logo was from my shard, but then I recognized the "Catskills" mountain logo. +1 Nostalgia.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i looked through those server icons on the link derrick posted and i never knew there was a Lake Austin server....
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote:Aye, any images would be great.

The "Smilies" are 15x15

Thanks!
I'm going to make some icons (the 15x15) for various game-items that could be used in conversation. Purple potions in particular I think would be fun to use on the forums. What are the particular filesize restrictions for these images, and would they need to be in gif or png format?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Lake Austin was added to OSI quite some time after the original servers. I remember when it first came out me and a rl friend of mine went on a race to have the first GM Blacksmith.

It all ended too soon when we got tired of mining and gave up that idea fairly quickly.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I was copying the images from the link Derrick posted and realized that UOSA does not have a server-icon (shield, crest, whatever it is).

There's my take on it, with the so-fashionable purple-llama on a matte T2A-poster backing. I'll turn it into a clean version to go with the forum in-line icons I'm making.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I was copying the images from the link Derrick posted and realized that UOSA does not have a server-icon (shield, crest, whatever it is).

There's my take on it, with the so-fashionable purple-llama on a matte T2A-poster backing. I'll turn it into a clean version to go with the forum in-line icons I'm making.
heheh nice :) Thanks

gif's or jpgs I think is fine for any of the images. As far as file size there's no restriction, but it would be good to run em though "Save For Web"