Skipping tiles, Closing distance?

Moderator: Support Moderators

mugen

Skipping tiles, Closing distance?

Post by mugen »

Im wondering whats the secret behind skipping tiles while walking on a horse? I see alot of pvpers doing this, and I also remember seeing it on OSI.

Another thing is, how do certain people close distance so fast in a chase? Mount vs Mount they can close distance within seconds, sometimes even run circles around people.

Is ping really making that big of a difference here? Is Gear back from the dead? What's really going on?

Downs

Re: Skipping tiles, Closing distance?

Post by Downs »

a lot of times, it's ping.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Could be ping, could be your own machine holding you back (if you have music enabled, sometimes there is a sec delay for new music to kick in, causing you to lag.) Or if your computer has to load new incoming graphics, more lag can be expected.

Or... teleport rings/cutting corners/path prediction (I know there is a dead end ahead, you'll prob turn left, etc.)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

All I can say is thank goodness for cable connections. I maybe playing back on dial-up.... horrid experiences with lag especially at Brit Bank.

Return to “New Player Help”