Sea Serpents

Topics related to Second Age
ScoobyDoO

Sea Serpents

Post by ScoobyDoO »

I think we need sea serpents out in the open ocean, only makes sense. Sorta puts provo's useless for sea conflicts for monsters unless u fish up 2 in a row. What do you all think ?

ScoobyDoO

Re: Sea Serpents

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Can everyone look in the Guide section at fishing please :) Or if the question can be answered here, can you give me a simple guide of obtaining MIBS ? I seem to have a issue on this :(

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

What is your problem with getting MIBs?

You must have 100 fishing and be in deep water. With 90 or so you can fish up the loot from MIBs you buy at a player vendor. Yesterday I checked fishing vendors and they ranged in price from 3k to 6k, so not so expensive.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

johttenn wrote:What is your problem with getting MIBs?

You must have 100 fishing and be in deep water. With 90 or so you can fish up the loot from MIBs you buy at a player vendor. Yesterday I checked fishing vendors and they ranged in price from 3k to 6k, so not so expensive.
I guess what my question is not to acually buy them from a vendor but to get them myself. Where do they come from ? A sea serpent after you kill them ? How often does a sea serpent get fished up, is it very rare ? Or almost everytime you fish a spot out ? I understand how much skill you need and i know you can buy them from a vendor. Thank you in advance.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

You have to have 100 in fishing, and while fishing you'll get a system message that you fish up a message in a bottle.

Should get a few an hour.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

johttenn wrote:You have to have 100 in fishing, and while fishing you'll get a system message that you fish up a message in a bottle.

Should get a few an hour.
So you dont need to acually pull a sea serpent f rom the water ? Do you have a fisher ? I know im probley be annoying to you but im dumb founded with this stuff because all i use to do is pvp and scamm. So im trying to change my method from scamming to doing it myself and making a honest living and giving this server a positive feedback of myself. It sounds to easy and sounds to farmable...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Both MiB's and Treasure Maps are both pulled in the belly of a sea serp. When the serp comes up it will reveal the fisher and immediately attack him.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Derrick wrote:Both MiB's and Treasure Maps are both pulled in the belly of a sea serp. When the serp comes up it will reveal the fisher and immediately attack him.
Ah, so if a fisher is hiden, it will unhide the fisher and attack him. So what r the chances of it having a MIB everytime u fish one up ? I ask because there isn't one single sea serp. in the whole wide ocean :) I was thinking you can deal with a spawn of them, kill them even thou it may be very difficult, and gets mibs that way, not litteraly pull them outa the water and kill them. Sorta makes my provo im making for the sea, pointless :( o well.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ScoobyDoO wrote: Ah, so if a fisher is hiden, it will unhide the fisher and attack him. So what r the chances of it having a MIB everytime u fish one up ? I ask because there isn't one single sea serp. in the whole wide ocean :) I was thinking you can deal with a spawn of them, kill them even thou it may be very difficult, and gets mibs that way, not litteraly pull them outa the water and kill them. Sorta makes my provo im making for the sea, pointless :( o well.
Yeah, provo is not really a sea-going skill. Every sea serp pulled has a MiB or Treasure map, but they will not appear in groups. You may find Sea Serps in the open ocean that were pulled by other fishermen that escaped capture, likely by killing the fishermen.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Derrick wrote:
ScoobyDoO wrote: Ah, so if a fisher is hiden, it will unhide the fisher and attack him. So what r the chances of it having a MIB everytime u fish one up ? I ask because there isn't one single sea serp. in the whole wide ocean :) I was thinking you can deal with a spawn of them, kill them even thou it may be very difficult, and gets mibs that way, not litteraly pull them outa the water and kill them. Sorta makes my provo im making for the sea, pointless :( o well.
Yeah, provo is not really a sea-going skill. Every sea serp pulled has a MiB or Treasure map, but they will not appear in groups. You may find Sea Serps in the open ocean that were pulled by other fishermen that escaped capture, likely by killing the fishermen.
Okay thanks for the info derrik. Been a great help, at least i know not to make a provo for the sea now :) Does anyone have any advice and what skills i should use to take out some sea serps ? A cheap way of course seeing that im dirt poor.. :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ScoobyDoO wrote:Does anyone have any advice and what skills i should use to take out some sea serps ? A cheap way of course seeing that im dirt poor.. :)
I always had archery and healing on my fisherman

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Derrick wrote:
ScoobyDoO wrote:Does anyone have any advice and what skills i should use to take out some sea serps ? A cheap way of course seeing that im dirt poor.. :)
I always had archery and healing on my fisherman
Thank you sir. :)

Rohegan

Post by Rohegan »

While fishing the other day my fisher pulled up a serpent, but before I got a chance to stop Razor, he cast again and pulled up a second one. It was hair raising but netted me 2 maps.

Note - (I was attending, its just boring as hell to fish on a boat for an hour.)
Rohegan - The GM Bowyer / Giorgio Armani - The GM Blacksmith/Tailor

getan

Post by getan »

Rohegan wrote:While fishing the other day my fisher pulled up a serpent, but before I got a chance to stop Razor, he cast again and pulled up a second one. It was hair raising but netted me 2 maps.

Note - (I was attending, its just boring as hell to fish on a boat for an hour.)
Haha I had that happen to me the other day. Unfortunatly the second was a deep sea serp so It didnt turn out so well =-P

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

It's likely that some time in the future, the purpose of Sea Serpents will be changing, as well some of the mechanics of fishing.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org