Life Bars - A client issue?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Malaki

Life Bars - A client issue?

Post by Malaki »

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but did life bars back in T2A stay on your screen grayed out if some one ran out of your range?

Earlier today, I had the bar of a thief out on my screen. I went afk for a few minutes and when i came back i could see who he was at the bank. He had used a disguise kit, but the bar had lit up from being gray and had even shown his new name.

I could see this also having complications in pvp, as it would seem to be easier to watch peoples health/target them if you keep their bars open.

But if its a client issue, we probably can't do much about it but force downgrading, right?

Faust

Re: Life Bars - A client issue?

Post by Faust »

Yup, client side. :/

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Unfortunately this is a client issue. Sticky came in to use just after the release of the 4.x clients. A second problem is that RunUO can't support clients below 4.0 because of the differences in client encryption, which means that we can't do any forceful downgrades.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Gracekain

Post by Gracekain »

Malaki

Post by Malaki »

haha yea i told him how i did it. Didnt tell him hiw as going to psot tho