Internet :(

Moderators: Downs, chumbucket, Millerisfuntoplay

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Internet :(

Post by MatronDeWinter »

New IT department that manages my home office network freaked out over my wireless router and I can't/won't run uo on my desktop(s). Annoying, considering the old IT guys had no issue with this. In any case, I'm having a second net-connection installed sometime this week hopefully so I may/may-not be around for the next couple of days. If someone (in cA) could please keep an eye on my houses (I placed a bunch around my main home recently) it would be appreciated.

Lazarus

Re: Internet :(

Post by Lazarus »

So you were playing UO at work?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

MatronDeWinter wrote:...that manages my home office network freaked out over my wireless router
They have concerns over security, which is asnine considering what I actually do from home. They said "Switch to a wired connection", but alas, I have to many network devises to add in my home network.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

OK, I saw the home network but wasn't understanding how what you do at home had any bearing on work. Are you using a VPN or something to connect to your job remotely?

Downs

Post by Downs »

can't wire in with a gateway hub thing?

I'm tired of messing around with them, Ill just get another internet connection. Every time they go in to do "changes" or whatever, they shut down my whole network. Did this the other day while I was streaming Netflix to my tv, I was quite annoyed. Little I can even do about it, I suppose I should just be greatful that they pay for it in the first place.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

UOGrumpy

Post by UOGrumpy »

Sounds like a leet IT security team. i.e. Abstinence = Security

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm good now, talk about fast installation. My ping is like 10x better now too, I was shocked.