Permanently Cache Houses?

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Permanently Cache Houses?

Post by Kryptonical »

I vaguely recall this being possible way back when on osi. I'm trying to set it up now so that the houses I own are permanently cached so when I log on I will be able to have the insides of that house showing prior to stepping on the stairs.

Any thoughts on how to get this done?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Permanently Cache Houses?

Post by Chaos »

I'm am in no way 100% on any of this and Derrick I think is the only one who could be 100% sure.. maybe batlin .. but here goes

I Dout it .. yes maybe you could use a memory hack program to save that old data and inject it back into your cli. but pretty sure that would an illegal hack (again not sure hacks to your cli. seem to be frowned on but ok .. but then again any kinda memory hack to get the data from cli. I would think would be illegal to start with .. seeing you could use the same program to alter and inject packet rigth back to the server {which is highly illegal and very traceable})

other then the hacks etc .. there was a patch put in place to stop this and free up cli resources when running though high item count areas due to house storage and deco... (this was also stated to be era acc. ) not sure how this patch was coded but I kinda don't think it was coded to allow user access like this (though if it is and can be proved to be era acc. I don't dout it would be added in time)

hope it help and is mostly correct

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

If you haven't already, you can go in "UO Options -> Misc -> Last Option". The max you can cache is 1000 houses with this method.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

What orionsune points out, makes me believe that our current cache system is inaccurate. Why would there be an option to cache up to 1000 houses, if they aren't being cached at all.

I'm fairly certain that I remember that once a house was visited, it will remain cached for a long time (probably until you fill up all 1000 cache spots, then cycled out.)

So the system should be, items in houses are invisible until you step on the steps, and then once you do they stay in your cache untill cycled out by the 1000 house limit.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

thats what I thought, however that obviously does not work here...I have mine set to 1000 (I only really want two) but it wont even save those two.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

I made a cross post about this in the era accuracy forum.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15904
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.