Locked Down Books

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Van Raily

Locked Down Books

Post by Van Raily »

Why can't we use them? I don't ever recall them being unavailable to players.

For example, the book locked down on the bench at the Mystical Spirits in Nujel'm was a guest book for RPers to that town for as long as I can remember. I've noticed this is the case for every book I find.
Gone to greener pastures.

Heskey

Re: Locked Down Books

Post by Heskey »

I can't remember the old system, but there does need to be a way in which:

Books can be locked down so they can't be taken, but can be read, but not editted.

And also as above but can be editted.

Allowing books to be locked down and readable & uneditable allows RP literature/info libraries to be made, allowing books to be locked down and re-writeable allows guestbooks to be made.

[quote="jono1994"]ok i really think that u should add on the Elves race but still keep the original format of the game and also put in Necromancy :D[/quote]

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

As a vendor, I remember being able to lock down a book so people visiting the shop could edit it and leave requests for orders, etc.

"Rob - need another 2 kegs"
"Disregard that, I suck cocks"
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Admin are helpfull here by locking books for special reasons. Such as $$$ deck of cards, or at the museum they have locked books that explain origins of items for us.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

I can understand special reasons, but they were supposed to be available anyway. I remember some books in shelves that were usable (locked down in the bookshelf in an NPC house, but still usable by players), and people would write their own stories in them. Was just wondering why this wasn't the case.
Gone to greener pastures.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes locked down books should be readable and writable. There are some cases where we will make player written books unwritable when immovable, but it should not be the norm.

Moving to bug reports.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."