interested in learning more

Cado

interested in learning more

Post by Cado »

Hello,
I met your guild leader in game a few days ago and was interested in learning more about your guild. I played UO for a bit a year or so ago with some friends who had played for several years...but I'm basically new to the game. I play with 3 of my sons (ages: 14, 10, 9) who share an account on another home computer, and they are very new. I'm a vet mmo player though (DAoC, WoW, Lineage II, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars, LOTRO, AoC, EVE online, MO open beta) and my sons have played some LOTRO and runescape, so they are not foreign to mmo's.

We are interested in playing with like minded people. It seems that the land is dangerous (especially around grave yards lol) with wandering pk'ers/greifers and thieves ready to pounce upon new players. We would have absolutely no problem hunting pk'ers and griefers as they have no problem hunting us :-)

We play by some simple rules...we don't pk w/o cause, we don't grief, and we don't steal; though we do defend ourselves if attacked. We play with honor and integrity, share what we have and help others. We like to explore, hunt and work together to be successful.

I'm on most evenings, while my sons are on quite a bit less as they are active in quite a few things. We would like to run with other people where we might "learn the ropes," and have other people to hunt, craft, and explore the world with.

Currently we are hunting out of Vesper, while my crafter is more or less working out of Minoc where there seems to be more resources to gather. My main is a Warrior/Healer wanna be, while my sons play an Archer/Tamer, an Archer/Melee, and a Warrior/Tamer...or at least that's the general direction lol. We want to be good at pvm as well as pvp, but I'm particularly interested in learning all facets of the game.

We aren't familiar with IRC, but have no problem learning and we do have TS.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to speaking with you

benny-

Re: interested in learning more

Post by benny- »

Hey Cado, thanks for checking us out. It seems you and your family have the same preferences in playstyle as we do. I'm sure you guys would find us a good fit.
It'd be great if we could meet up ig, tho I'll admit, the best way of getting in touch with us is our irc channel. It's a pretty easy program to install and runs just like a chatroom, so using it is simple as well. If you'd like to find us there, here's a link to installing the program:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104

Otherwise, I'll keep an eye out for you ig. Hope to see you soon.
- Elisud

Cado

Post by Cado »

I downloaded and logged into IRC. Then I did /join #secondage. There was nobody there. I thought that odd. So, I'm guessing I did something wrong. I'll keep trying, but otherwise I hope to see you in game :)

benny-

Post by benny- »

Ah, it seems like you connected to the wrong server. When you first open irc a window should come up with your name, an alternate name, and the server you're about to connect to. You need to find the server Wildirc.net and select it. Once you connect to wildirc you can then join #secondage, #C^V, and any other of the shards channels.

Hope that helps.
- Elisud

Cado

Post by Cado »

Thanks! Got it working :) Now...how to join guild channel? Sorry for all the questions.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

/join #secondage
/join #c^v
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay