67%

Total votes: 169

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Motion to strike town add ons for Kingdom of Ascalon

Post by son »

Ive been patrolling this place for a while now. Its quite the ghost town.

They may be the shards biggest guild, but they hold no events and in my opinion do not deserve their addons.

edit patrolling lolo
Last edited by son on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Downs

Re: Motion to strike town add on for Kingdom of Ascalon

Post by Downs »

I agree.

It's been a ghost town for a very long time.

Also, if current policy is for the community to decide if guilds get town add-ons, does that apply to the reverse? IMO it should.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Motion to strike town add on for Kingdom of Ascalon

Post by son »

Downs wrote:I agree.

It's been a ghost town for a very long time.

Also, if current policy is for the community to decide if guilds get town add-ons, does that apply to the reverse? IMO it should.
From my understanding, add ons decay if they are not active. To be active they have to do events.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Re: Motion to strike town add ons for Kingdom of Ascalon

Post by Derrick »

There's a lot of inactive guildtowns, KA hasn't been any more inactive than the rest I don't think.

We'll be looking at doing some cleanup soon. It's a manual process.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Agreed, I have been advocating this for quite some time, $$$ is a guild who runs events all the time and we don't ask for much, in fact nothing since we got our request for add-ons many many moons ago, but we didn't stop hosting events simply because we got what we wanted.

Many if not ALL of the inactive guilds do NOTHING to improve the overall shard (aside from pvp & griefing)

Specifically K^A guild does the opposite, I had a long talk with the GM about a small house he owned to which $$$ wanted to purchase and use for a shard wide event and RP vendor market, but he chose not to sell it to be simply because I did not give K^A high praise in the last thread regarding their town add-ons

I don't need to add much more then I did when K^A asked for dueling pits six months ago, aside the fact that now new players may know about K^A simply because of their Scamming Vendors & Blue PKing Guild members,

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10888
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Brules

Post by Brules »

I say a definate no as their "town" has turned into nothing more than a fly trap for their reds/blue griefers. You go there and you will be attacked, even if you are just trying to use their rune library or vendors.
Last edited by Brules on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

Brules wrote:I say a definate yes as their "town" has turned into nothing more than a fly trap for their reds/blue griefers. You go there and you will be attacked, even if you are just trying to use their rune library or vendors.

Should K^A keep its town add ons?

I'm confused by your response, are you saying that they should keep the arena because they are just reds and griefers so they are gonna use it? kind of like a joke or did you misread the question?

Personally I said they shouldn't keep their town add-ons, I haven't seen them around and it only looks bad when you see add-ons in a place with no action (events, pvp, community, etc). This should be the case for every town, maybe the add-ons should be leased and every 3 months reevaluated

Nathen

Post by Nathen »

our add ons, like the cotton field and healer are used on a daily basis by many people. and if i remember correctly felix, you tried to crash on of our resist sessions not more than 3 days ago...ghost town eh?

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

In all fairness, I have seen a lot more activity here in the last couple of days, though I agree that compared to other guild with less, they don't host a lot of events. It definitly seems like their add on/participation ratio is out of proportion.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Brules wrote:I say a definate yes as their "town" has turned into nothing more than a fly trap for their reds/blue griefers. You go there and you will be attacked, even if you are just trying to use their rune library or vendors.
I use K^A often for their rune library. Within the past 3 days of using it. i have run around most of the town and have seen no one attacking anyone else. I also met two other travelers who used their library as well. I don't think its any sort of fly trap at all. I believe its just mostly inactive.

I do think they should keep their add on's. i don't think they have done anything wrong to lose them. This seems like a case of the have vs the have not's.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

The original K^A is long gone and dead, it's being exploited by whoever these days who were never part of the original guild, never contributed for the addons and never roleplayed.

EDIT: I think my first (or one of my first) posts was asking how they all got this stuff about two years ago..pretty funny
Last edited by Hemperor on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Pat

Post by Pat »

It seems that felix is getting mad at K^A... that is great. I know felix (along with TG and many other people) goes there everyday all day to find people to fight and he often does. He has even been camping any idoc around there and attempting to sell it in order to grief the guild.

Their town has small add-ons compared some of the other inactive guilds such as ACE and Turtle Bay. If anything there should be a option in the pole to ban felix because there is more reason to ban him then remove K^A's town.
Last edited by Pat on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Angel

Post by Dragon Angel »

yeah.... define inactive felix. if we were never on who would come out and kill you when you show up with the intent to smoke pole? if we were never on what would you come to our town constantly in the first place for? your just trying ot cause problems because krum paid you to grief us. your a whore.
Last edited by Dragon Angel on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fede

Post by Fede »

I am very surprised that a handful of you stated that K^A is an inactive guild. And a lot of what is posted is very misleading and/or absolutely false. I have been an active member of K^A for more or less 3 weeks, and included in those 3 weeks have been a lot of pvp opportunities. The majority of the nights that I am on, a handful of us usually run around with our red characters around the K^A area defending against certain individuals that come and try and harass other individuals either involved in K^A or simply defend other individuals trying to enjoy the benefits of our rune library and vendors. In regards to a statement I read about our "scamming vendors" I haven't looked at a single one of our vendors, however, there are obviously a lot of other scamming vendors and not id'ing something before you buy it is just foolish at this point in time. More importantly, I would like to see, like some of you have stated K^A throw an event soon. Therefore, I am going to personally talk to Guildmaster and see if we can come to an agreement about something enjoyable and entertaining for the majority of the people attending the shard. I hope I was able to clear up any misinterpretations about this thread was leading to.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Fede

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Here's the link to the topic I asked this about a long time ago, with explanations of why they had them then.
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1424

Not sure the reasons still fit now :p

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat