Secondage is the only shard thats population is increasing.

Topics related to Second Age
Sandro

Re: Secondage is the only shard thats population is increasing.

Post by Sandro »

Shard wipe?

Let's run it. Time to start all over again, for the 4th time.

WIPE ALL THE TRAMMEL ITEMS
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

wooooot!!! lets all gm our tamers and lockpickers again yaaay
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Its a shame annual shard wipes arent era accurate or we could have them too.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

I like faust.

You should too!
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Interesting stats:

On the last big patch we began capturing the total unique IP's per day that have logged into UOSA.

[Mar 20 07:16:11]: 882
[Mar 21 07:16:09]: 950
[Mar 22 07:16:05]: 1009
[Mar 23 07:16:11]: 969
[Mar 24 07:16:06]: 914
[Mar 25 07:16:11]: 980
[Mar 26 07:16:11]: 965

It's higher than I expected. We may try to do cumulative uniques in the future, it's currently just daily because it was relatively easy to do. Thanks to Blackfoot for this idea.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Donk

Post by Donk »

I don't want to name names or point the finger at specific shards but I'll say that while I love the T2A ruleset and love UOSA's accurate emulation of it, the professional staff are the #1 reason I continue to play here and recommend the shard to other people. Nobody wants to feel like they are some toy in an admin's personal playbox. Why would I spend my evenings trying to play the game fairly if the admins routinely give out freebies to whichever guild they are buddies with these week?

This shard is stable and professionally-run with a playerbase that reflects this. I'm grateful that I can just play the game as much or as little as I want without worrying about whose ass to kiss this week, or worrying about half the rules changing because a bunch of LEETPVPers whined loudly about the latest "lame" tactic they want removing. Without UOSA I wouldn't be playing UO at all.
<Zedd[afk> if theres ever a uosa convention and you pked me once ur getting ran over with a truck

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

nice sig lol
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Donk wrote:I don't want to name names or point the finger at specific shards but I'll say that while I love the T2A ruleset and love UOSA's accurate emulation of it, the professional staff are the #1 reason I continue to play here and recommend the shard to other people. Nobody wants to feel like they are some toy in an admin's personal playbox. Why would I spend my evenings trying to play the game fairly if the admins routinely give out freebies to whichever guild they are buddies with these week?

This shard is stable and professionally-run with a playerbase that reflects this. I'm grateful that I can just play the game as much or as little as I want without worrying about whose ass to kiss this week, or worrying about half the rules changing because a bunch of LEETPVPers whined loudly about the latest "lame" tactic they want removing. Without UOSA I wouldn't be playing UO at all.
Thanks so much for your compliments, I'm really glad that we do have so many here enjoying the shard; we've been called "the same old UO", but that's really what we're going for :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Donk wrote:I don't want to name names or point the finger at specific shards but I'll say that while I love the T2A ruleset and love UOSA's accurate emulation of it, the professional staff are the #1 reason I continue to play here and recommend the shard to other people. Nobody wants to feel like they are some toy in an admin's personal playbox. Why would I spend my evenings trying to play the game fairly if the admins routinely give out freebies to whichever guild they are buddies with these week?

I agree, I would play here even if it wasn't T2A era accurate. I stay because the staff here is one of the best, T2A was never my favorite era in UO and the PvP mechanics here are not a true replication of the original (it's close, but not quite there), but since this is Derrick's vision, I respect that and will continue to play here due to the fact that Derrick and the other staff actually give a shit about it's player base and treats them very well when all things are considered.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Wow! that's great. what if population increases by *a lot*? Will there be a mirror shard?

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

I play here because:

Other 'free' shards allow you to purchase skills which ruins the game imo.
Other shards have corruption issues with items, gold and housing.
The EA shards have crap for population or their to spread out.

and when I log on there are ALWAYS people running around doing things.

I no longer have hours to devote to raids in WoW that seem pointless whereas UO has always just seemed to fit for me. The T2A ruleset works, I like it, and I'm here to stay.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Elf

Post by Elf »

Hello. I'm an old LS player who quit in 2003. I have been playing on various free shards over the years intermingled with other games. I still play somewhat actively on UOGamers and I'm looking forward to see what changes are planned for those servers.

I just wanted to make a few comments about what I've seen here so far.

I actually created an account here a year ago but for some reason I didn't keep playing. After the advice from a friend, I decided to check this server out again about a week ago with the assumption that it was just another IPY or whatever new T2A type server. I quickly realized that it wasn't. The whole server has a very professional and transparent feel to the way it operates. I don't see staff posts where they are yelling or berating people about how things should work. The main admin here seems like a very laid back, normal dude who doesn't have that common "holier-than-thou" attitude. I like that.

I enjoy the nostalgia feeling of the old crafting menus, system messages, fonts, and especially the npc dialogue where they react to you based on your karma.

This shard feels more alive and breathing like an actual world than any other server I have played on after leaving OSI. I haven't actually figured out why that is yet, but I think it's because it feels like things were done right to make it authentic, instead of just half-assed or applied as a band aid fix/change.

Thanks. I'm having fun.

That's all I wanted to say.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Derrick for President 2012, UOSA Party!
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Yoda

Post by Yoda »

uofuntime wrote:Wow! that's great. what if population increases by *a lot*? Will there be a mirror shard?

I keep teasing Derrick that we are going to have to use several servers for this one shard, and actually re-implement server lines. Hows that for accuracy!
<@SecondAge> Several Lichs have been spotted in the Britain Graveyard.
<@SecondAge> The cause is unknown and several townspeople were seen fleeing in fear
<Vintirex-droid> Several townspeople, Not a big enough problem imo

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

I keep teasing Derrick that we are going to have to use several servers for this one shard
I'll aid you with the teasing, I wanna see real server-lines too. The first free shard with server-lines... Ah, dreams...
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO