Whats up Second Age

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Blythe of LS

Whats up Second Age

Post by Blythe of LS »

Hey everyone. I'm about to get back into playing again.

I started playing UO in 1998 and I ended up selling my account after Publish 16 because I didn't enjoy where EA took the game. I have played on gateway before but that was forever ago as well, I played on Defiance.

Anyway, I am beginning to play, getting the clients and everything downloaded. Server looks great, I miss this game :P

Just droppin by to say whats up and possibly run into some real old friends maybe? Hey, it could happen :>

-Sipher, Blythe, Donnie Darko of Lake Superior

Arkah

Re: Whats up Second Age

Post by Arkah »

Interesting. I, too played on LS in 98 through whenever LBR came out. I also played on Defiance for a while. Look forward to meeting you.
---
The above is my own opinion
Below is someone elses, or the next chapter

Blythe of LS

Post by Blythe of LS »

Wow what are the odds, yeah I played for quite a while on LS -- I started out in Brit GY back when (C*G) (EE) and (LOL) were around. Fun times... But yeah definately could use a friend right now, I made it onto the server just gotta fix my stats and start making the char :P Got a few questions too, dunno where to begin anymore lol. Used to be the skill cap + ping pong stats then work skills but ive had people tell me I dont have to do that anymore. /shrug :P

I'm sure I won't have too much to adapt to, but all the help I can get would make it all the faster :P

Anyway, gonna call it a night, ill check back tomorrow after mid-terms to see whats up, later.

Mark Stoneholme

Post by Mark Stoneholme »

[OOC: Hey Blythe,

Have you heard about The Militia?

We're a relatively new role-playing guild with a very content rich background and well-structured hierarchy to ensure fun can be had by all guild members without the need for guild leaders to necessarily be around; as activity is generated by the members themselves, such as foot patrols lead by mid-level superiors etc. We're constantly on the look out for Recruits, whether they wish to join the militia side of the guild, or make a citizen character that could be anything from a barkeeper, to a craftsman, to a treasure hunter, to a highwayman.

We offer a 'hard-core' RP style that as far as I am aware, is currently unavailable in any other guild on the shard. By this, I mean we don't use magery, we don't use magic weapons; we're role-playing rag-tag militiamen designed to make an already difficult era even more tough, i.e. peasants who're fed up of having their fields raided by orcs, and have taken up what arms they can find to help protect other citizens like they themselves used to be.

We're not designed to be amazing at PvP, or even stand up really well to a multiple PK attack - We're designed for long-term fun, based on a concept and similar rules that have worked (and still are working) on the official OSI 'Europa' shard since '98 (and our inspirational guilds/communities are still running strong there today after 12 years).

We also follow a ruleset known as the 'Laws of War' which is tried & tested; it worked with the Europa RP communities of this era (only adapting to account for the games' expansions over the years). This LoW means that any RP guilds who choose to go to war with us must also abide by this same rule-set; this rules cover things like recovery time after battles, magic restrictions, and looting; ensuring that combat and interaction is kept fair, such as "low-fantasy" guilds standing a chance on the battlefield against a guild solely based around the use of magery, for instance.

It might sounds like a lot of effort to some people; and many don't enjoy the concept of playing without magery or magic weapons after years of doing so... But with a possibility to have up to 15 characters on this shard and not pay a penny, what've you got to lose?

Feel free to check out our website, and if you have any questions, you can PM me on the forums or contact me by the ICQ number in my signature.

Regardless of whether or not you choose to have a career in the militia, I hope you enjoy your time on the UOSA shard!]
Kind Regards,

Mark Stoneholme (ICQ: 644-876-747)
'Militiaman', The Militia.

Return to “Guild Recruitment”