Macing

Moderator: Support Moderators

Flower

Macing

Post by Flower »

What is the best way to work up macing from around 70?
Thanks

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Macing

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Non-Macroing...I GMed swords off air elementals.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Macroing.

Find an Order Guard, lure it to your home, and beat on it all night while having another char heal you. The order guard will heal him/herself.

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

No reason for that. Just GM off a hired NPC while you heal him. I GM'd overnight. To gain faster make sure you hit 100 dex before you start (snooping is the fastest way to gain this).

Wands are the perfect macing weapons to gain with. They do practically no damage and are quite fast. You can find plenty of used up ID wands dumped at banks.

Flower

Post by Flower »

That worked really fast Baldamier ,thanks for the tip.

MagicCow

Post by MagicCow »

Where do you find npc warriors at?

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

MagicCow wrote:Where do you find npc warriors at?
Fighters or paladins work.

I believe paladins work better as many have said, cause they have higher skill.

Get a paladin from the little paladin keep above Delucia.

Say all stay after you attack the paladin so it stops hitting you.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Jhelom, Delucia, Britain...are the places I have hired them.

If you are doing this outside a secure residence, make sure you say all guard me before the attack then all stay after. This will turn the npc grey and attackable for a moment and you blue, when you give the stay command the npc will be grey to you still but blue to everyone else.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Ifrit

Post by Ifrit »

It's entirely possible to 2x a warrior or 4x a mage in one half day through hired npc's.
A dexxer would only require 1 char as a mage would require two.
As mentioned above have them guard you, 'all stop', 'all stay' and set up a restock macro at the bank for the bandies.
for a mage, assuming you have a healer char with moderate skill to keep the NPC alive it's fairly easy to GM swords/mace, tactics, wrestle, and eval all in one simple macro in one day

gibbygano
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by gibbygano »

Does this still work if you're using an alt? Instead of a hired I am using my main to stand there tabbed out while my toon wanting to gain maces beats on him with a wand and heals him....maces are going super slow.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

gibbygano wrote:Does this still work if you're using an alt? Instead of a hired I am using my main to stand there tabbed out while my toon wanting to gain maces beats on him with a wand and heals him....maces are going super slow.
Expect it to take a *lot* longer not using a hireling. Seriously, just get one. You'll be done in a few hours.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Rammar wrote:
gibbygano wrote:Does this still work if you're using an alt? Instead of a hired I am using my main to stand there tabbed out while my toon wanting to gain maces beats on him with a wand and heals him....maces are going super slow.
Expect it to take a *lot* longer not using a hireling. Seriously, just get one. You'll be done in a few hours.
Yeah, get a hireling! Bashing an alt won't get the same skill gains as using a hireling. They are cheap and you can find them at the tavern next to WBB. I sometimes switch combat skills and can GM in a day. It's so quick.

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

nice info gentlemen
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Hank

Post by Hank »

SVrider wrote:nice info gentlemen
Agreed. I read on the fourms here somewhere, when you spar with another play you get less skill then normal =p.

Are there any guides to these hire npc's? These are new to me.

Thank you!

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

Hank wrote:Are there any guides to these hire npc's? These are new to me.

Thank you!
if gold is involved i'll stand around all day and let you pound on me, just remember nothing above the neck or below the belt
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT