Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Topics related to Second Age

Do you find the uosa pvp mechanics fun?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 166

HI IM MIKE

Re: Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Guerrilla wrote:faust just admit it, u lost to a fencer mage, on ur sword mage... why is that so hard for u to admit, everybody saw it... anybody who was there that day should remember
no one remembers bad duels between bad players.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Sandro wrote:i don't even see why people care who wins a duel..

hallys do 43 or so tops damage..

ebolts do damn near 40, frequently, even with 100 resist..

it's not hard to kill someone with such high luck factors, and even if you don't, it takes a whole 3 minutes to force any player to spend 100 mana on heals..
Actually, the statistics for spells were presented quite some time ago when the accurate spell damage formula was implemented... There are 8 dice rolls for each spell and it's almost nearly impossible to hit a minimum and maximum amount for each and every dice rolled. For example, ebolt is somewhere around 3-12 per dice and the final result is divided by 2. Try rolling some real standard dice with the much easier value of 1-6 and see how often you get a six each and every time you roll the dice for 8 times in a row. The chance of getting a maximum or even a really high damage on a constant basis is nearly impossible. This is even before calculating a 54% chance to resist an ebolt at GM resist. During this test that I conducted the average damage of around 24 happened around 25% of the time and the rest of the percentage decreased over time. The lowest and maximum value ranged from around a 1% chance and this was conducted with a million ebolts in the test run.

These high 'luck factors' you speak of rarely exist and definitely don't happen as frequent as you believe they do in game.
Guerrilla wrote:faust just admit it, u lost to a fencer mage, on ur sword mage... why is that so hard for u to admit, everybody saw it... anybody who was there that day should remember
Spit is a medi-dexer with swords and magery... you are starting to sound like a complete fool.

Geryon

Post by Geryon »

Is horse stamina gonna be addressed in this patch?
And do you have a time frame for its implementation?

Loving the prospective changes to melee and archery, but for the pvp to be truly balanced we gotta have those horses that poop out relatively fast. The nigh-unlimited horse stamina makes for quite a joke...very trammelish.

Something else that could possibly be looked into is magic drops. You get some pretty predictably high end magic weapons off of balrons and ancient wyrms etc. I swear vanq and power weapons were a LOT more rare back then.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Batlin is planning on reviewing the horse stamina functions in the core to see what is believed to currently be wrong with it.

Honestly don't know how long that will take or if it will be anytime soon.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Faust wrote:Batlin is planning on reviewing the horse stamina functions in the core to see what is believed to currently be wrong with it.

I think we need to make an exception to the "proof about the inaccuracy" with horse stamina. It will help the game immensely, everyone remembers running out of stamina back then. I certainly do, and this is on 26k.

Horses do run out of stamina but not often on UOSA, the horse would't be outta stamina unless I ran across the world nonstop. Back on 26k in 1998 I remember being out of stamina just from running across town. Or any similar distance nonstop.

Either way my biggest issue is with pvp mechanics, even if horse stamina isn't fixed at least the next patch will make mage pvp feel more like 1999. The problem with mage pvp right now is that there is no other viable way to pvp except get 35 dex and spam hallies if you want to keep with their DPS. Then both people get outta mana fast and since less spells are being used it's more similar to a warrior fight(aka 50% hit chance battle) But with mana instead of bandages.

Can't wait for next patch, we need to get it testing fast!

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

if you played for 5 minutes you would see these immense luck factors in action
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

Psilo wrote:
Faust wrote:Batlin is planning on reviewing the horse stamina functions in the core to see what is believed to currently be wrong with it.

I think we need to make an exception to the "proof about the inaccuracy" with horse stamina. It will help the game immensely, everyone remembers running out of stamina back then. I certainly do, and this is on 26k.

Horses do run out of stamina but not often on UOSA, the horse would't be outta stamina unless I ran across the world nonstop. Back on 26k in 1998 I remember being out of stamina just from running across town. Or any similar distance nonstop.

Either way my biggest issue is with pvp mechanics, even if horse stamina isn't fixed at least the next patch will make mage pvp feel more like 1999. The problem with mage pvp right now is that there is no other viable way to pvp except get 35 dex and spam hallies if you want to keep with their DPS. Then both people get outta mana fast and since less spells are being used it's more similar to a warrior fight(aka 50% hit chance battle) But with mana instead of bandages.

Can't wait for next patch, we need to get it testing fast!

We both are pretty positive there is something wrong with the horse stamina since the results on here is not the same as on the demo. This is very apparent when you run around on there and here. I have a good feeling the issue will be fixed down the road sometime even if not the next patch though.

Btw, Sando. The math doesn't lie and neither do statistics. A million of them at that.

People tend to remember negative outcomes more so than the several average situations that vastly out number the negative.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

statistics don't lie? It's easy to make up statistics.

90% of all of Fausts posts just show his stupidity

2.6% of the people on UOSA actually like and appreciate Faust

4.2% Think you're smart

80.7% think you're a terrible player, and an even worse troll ;(

Wheres the proof of "these tests" and any player ingame can tell you multiple times of being hit by atleast over 30 dmg ebolts to the face on the constant, we used to joke about Malice all the time because his ebolts were ALWAYS over 30, sometimes even closer to the 40 range.

Run statistics all you want, but then actually play the game like Sandro suggessted.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Faust

Post by Faust »

Cataclyst wrote:Ramble, ramble, ramble.
Do you think it's really that hard to create a small program that mimics the same formulas used here?

Would you prefer a billion ebolts since a million apparently isn't sufficient enough for you?

Why don't we just up this to a trillion or multiply this amount by a another trillion?

Did you not read this thread early on when the same results for spell interruption was posted here that used the same test code with a simple modification for spell interruption instead?

Program code is universal.. It's not like something magical happens when you shift from one program to the next when using the same code. The only difference between one system and the next could be a speed gain/loss depending on which one is better. However, this test had nothing to do with speed what so ever making this point mute.

Please feel free to make your own program to test this data son.

This is your problem along with a select few others Cata. You can't seem to get past your blind bias hatred towards me and neglect everything else. Hemperor and me hate each other's guts but have a mutual respect when it comes to researching information for the server. I guess something like this wouldn't apply to someone that contributes very little if anything at all though.

I honestly don't care if the entire shard or even Derrick himself hates me. I'm not here to be your friend or win a popularity contest. The research and coding projects done for this shard on my behalf is undeniably excellent and positive rather you want to believe it or not. If you don't like era accuracy than take it up with the Origin staff that developed it back in '98-'99 son.

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

isn't it possible that your testing is wrong? I'm sure the people who have experienced the pvp first hand would know best, and I assume your going to tell me you pvp just as much as them if not more but if more than 50% of the people that have voted dislike the pvp isn't that a cause for concern?

p.s. when will this new wep patch be implemented, I'm very eager to test it on the test center if possible.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I didn't say that every system realted to 'pvp' in general. The two tests that were conducted was for spell damage and interruption. I know more about the spell interruption code than anyone else here since this piece of code was given to me by Zippy years before UOSA even was started by Derrick. The only unknown fact to me was the bug with the number of times the script was called when an interruption took place. However, now that Batlin can decompile anything he wants out of the core this isn't a problem anymore. This is how we all found out about the bug with spell interruption that fixed it several months back.

Spell damage is no different but in fact a lot easier to test since there is no core related processes that need to be decompiled. All the information that is required is inside the original OSI scripts. The damage was relatively very similar to the resist/damage calculator from the '99 UO Stratics website. There were just slight differences with some spells that were off a point or two.

Seriously, it's not that hard to copy a formula from a script and input it into a small output program to mimic the same results to gather data on the subject.

Derrick has hinted the next project is the weapon patch but this is never certain since unexpecting problems can pop up at any given moment. He already has the code for the new swing timer so it shouldn't be very hard at all to implement. The hardest part is merging/removing the current system.

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

faust even though i hate you more than anyone could possibly imagine, I trust you with the mechanics of this shard.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't even know who the majority of the people are that hate me, including you axel... What can I say son? People love to hate me, it's a mutual relationship we got going here.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Faust wrote:
Cataclyst wrote:Ramble, ramble, ramble.
Would you prefer a billion ebolts since a million apparently isn't sufficient enough for you?

Why don't we just up this to a trillion or multiply this amount by a another trillion?
The law of big numbers actually states that the larger the number the more accurate the results get. Anyway......you've preached every single time that "this time the timer is going to be correct" and it's been changed how many times? Same goes with quite a few research projects that you've done in the past.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

why would hemporer name his horse bring it, people would only see it when he died...