Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Topics related to Second Age

Do you find the uosa pvp mechanics fun?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 166

hectorc2w
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Post by hectorc2w »

yep, and pvp is not fun right now. hence why there is hardly anyone doing it.

like I said in another thread, ipy and div failed not because the pvp sucked but because of the lack of direction, corrupt staff and no goal.
the pvp was by far superior on these 2 shards than it is here at this moment.

to faust: don't answer me with a "what it sucked because it wasnt even real t2a pvp wasnt accurate" because I KNOW IT WASNT ACCURATE and who gives a shit if it was or not, at least it was fun. thats the whole point of this thread. pvp being fun.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I'm glad it's fun for you but that crap isn't fun for me at all and the same holds true for many others. There are too many people stuck on this 'fix t2a the way I want it be' kick that think altering the era is actually the right direction. Derrick stated it best and this is paraphrasing... "not one single person has gotten it right when it comes to further developing the era better, and he does not believe he would make it any better where others have failed." his response.

If you like a UOR/T2A hybrid mixture, well good for you... it's not my cup of tea along with many others. The era isn't perfect and that is the way it should be. Take the good with the bad son.

RunUO distro pvp is all the same... thow in a combo, spam lower circle, weapon, rinse and repeat from #2 until death. Having an automatic constant spell disruption breeds lower circle spam pvp for disrupts and it's a disgusting display that never happened on OSI until pub16 when precasting came back. This is the number one reason why you see this crap on those type of shards since in essence it's the same era minus special hits and healing through poison with a few other different features.

Faust

Post by Faust »

marmalade wrote:i told you, i'm not debating the accuracy of the mechanics. the thread is about how fun the mechanics are, and my opinion is that the more chance based the mechanics get, the less likely you are to invest time into understanding them and the less fun it becomes.
Here is your exact response...

certain aspects of the pvp on this shard are far too chance based, such as the damage ranges and the spell disruption.

This clearly states that you believe spell disruption is "too chance based" here. What values would you consider not "too chance based" here? Do you prefer a constant spell disruption that creates a lower circle spam fest that comes down to pure luck removing any skill in the manner of timing?

The minimum possible value of a spell interruption at GM resist for a 1st circle damage spell is a 70% chance of spell disruption on someone casting greater heal with GM magery.

Please explain to me what you think is a chance that isn't 'too' high, since apparently a 70% chance yields too many failures for spell interruption here when casting greater heal.

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

Typical Faust defense:
Faust wrote:The Divinity style players don't know what real UO is, unfortunately.
Ignore the stated 'problems', bash the other shards, repeat.

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

hectorc2w wrote:like I said in another thread, ipy and div failed not because the pvp sucked but because of the lack of direction, corrupt staff and no goal.
Don't even bother with reasonable answers, they failed because their PvP was worse than this.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

faust I disagree that 100% chance based interruption is a bad part of pvp, or than "runuo distro pvp" was terrible.

unless you actually played "runuo distro pvp" to the point where you were one of the top players, there isn't much room to comment. i played it a lot 5-7 years ago and would just hands down waste 95% of players in 9/10 fights, and it wasn't because they didn't know how to disrupt or not understand the mechanics.

having a shard that replicates OSI '99 is great and I wouldn't trade it for any of those shards, but it doesn't mean that the pvp is good, fun or better than these failed shards
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Domnu

Post by Domnu »

Mazer wrote:
hectorc2w wrote:like I said in another thread, ipy and div failed not because the pvp sucked but because of the lack of direction, corrupt staff and no goal.
Don't even bother with reasonable answers, they failed because their PvP was worse than this.

It's ironic, because the success of this server has basically disproved the belief that a server's success hinges upon the quality of its PvP.

Geryon

Post by Geryon »

"Spell Damage Ranges are off" is nonsense.

Most ebolts are around the 25-28 range which is exactly right.

"There are no other group tactics other than 3 2 1 drop" are wrong. Synch dumping works here, but there is a greater penalty for being interrupted during the attempt, hence the balance. People who enjoy the rapid fire, no skill required stand and fire garbage pvp like div will not find this enjoyable.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Faust wrote:I'm glad it's fun for you but that crap isn't fun for me
+1
Geryon wrote:People who enjoy the rapid fire, no skill required stand and fire garbage pvp like div will not find this enjoyable.
+1
Faust wrote:thow in a combo, spam lower circle, weapon, rinse and repeat
And we mastered that whack ass PvP system too.

*Yawn*
Last edited by Izual on Wed May 26, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Geryon wrote:"Spell Damage Ranges are off" is nonsense.

Most ebolts are around the 25-28 range which is exactly right.

"There are no other group tactics other than 3 2 1 drop" are wrong. Synch dumping works here, but there is a greater penalty for being interrupted during the attempt, hence the balance. People who enjoy the rapid fire, no skill required stand and fire garbage pvp like div will not find this enjoyable.
are you playing with gm resist?

not arguing they are wrong, but the spell damage range is huge on gm resist
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

hectorc2w
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by hectorc2w »

Domnu wrote:
Mazer wrote:

It's ironic, because the success of this server has basically disproved the belief that a server's success hinges upon the quality of its PvP.

All servers that put pvp first will fail. For a server to be alive you need all kind of players and the majority of them do not pvp/pk or barely do so. This is why UOSA is so popular. That said it dosnt mean pvp has to suck like it does now. I am 100% sure that faust is right in his explanation of the mechanics earlier in this thread and that it will make pvp good once again.

On the subject of loving or hating ipy/div pvp, I think that it was better than the current pvp we have here so lets see what will happen when they change it :)

Geryon

Post by Geryon »

yes. GM resist.

They level out to average about 25-28.

I don't know what people are talking about with the damage range.

The swing timer and the horse stamina is the only thing stopping the pvp here from being great.

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

Domnu wrote:
Mazer wrote:

Stop it! You're making sense!
Geryon wrote:They level out to average about 25-28.
:roll:

Domnu

Post by Domnu »

Geryon wrote:yes. GM resist.

They level out to average about 25-28.

I don't know what people are talking about with the damage range.

The swing timer and the horse stamina is the only thing stopping the pvp here from being great.

An average of 25-28 is meaningless when the standard deviation is like 10

hectorc2w
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by hectorc2w »

Faust wrote:The Divinity style players don't know what real UO is, unfortunately.

that could not be less true, most of the pvpers in the top guilds are old school pvpers as i am one myself. Divinity style players know what the real uo is, we just find that style(div/ipy) better than what it is here until proven otherwise( paaaatch).