Peacemaking-Current Info?

Topics related to Second Age
Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Peacemaking-Current Info?

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I've looked at this skill numerous times, have never used it, seen multiple threads about it but it seems, as ussual not everyone can agree.

So my question is, is the skill broken? If not, what exactly does it do, what is the skill delay, and what are some possible uses that have been found for it.

I just thought about a possible template to use it in, but I'm at work right now, so I can't test anything out.

For any insight into this skill, I thank you in advance.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Peacemaking-Current Info?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If successful, everyone on screen tabs out of combat.

The only way I could think that it would be broken, is that tame animals, like dragons and stuff, will re-flag on you, when I dont believe they should because peacemake should remove the aggressor/combatant variable from them.

This was a pretty annoying skill in t2a because it made dexing someone to death difficult. However here, with all the attack-last spam, its pretty inffective. I think it might be due to there not always being an attack-last macro, but I dont know the dates.

The only use I have found for the skill (that warrents wasting 100 points for it, not to count music), is to grief macroers. It's remotely entertaining to run around and peacemake people who are macroing in their houses with fighters and stuff.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Thanks a bunch Matron for the quick reply. Can you tell me the delay? And about how long do monsters stay "Peaced out" before they re-attack?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Thanks a bunch Matron for the quick reply. Can you tell me the delay? And about how long do monsters stay "Peaced out" before they re-attack?
depends which monster.. balrons, aws, wws and many high end monsters will insta-target the nearest player (or tame/hirable) on sight, and will do it again after a peacemake (rendering it pointless to peacemake). orcs, liches, etc will take a lot longer to "notice" someone around them and attack

practically a pointless skill except for what matron said. may be useful if you have a whole bunch of monsters following you that you want to get away from
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Thanks for the info. I'll probably still play around with it.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Well basically everything is on a loop. Suppose a balron pics an opponent every 7 seconds. If it attacks you and you instantly peacemake, you have the remaining 6/7 seconds until it attacks you again. Some have shorter/longer durations it seems. Think of it like the new swing timer they are talking about, when it elapses and they can pick a target, if no target is available, nothing happens and the timer restarts.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Thanks for the info guys.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

It's already saved my bard in training from a few sticky situations, but I plan on losing it when I work eval/med.

The delay is short, like 5 seconds without lag. I GM'ed it with music training in pretty short order, so it's not a hassle to work up and then lose later on.

I haven't tried it against the highest level mobs, but it's worked fine against gargoyles, air and water eles, and stuff like that.

I've never used it before this bard, except for Father Jigaldo, who sat at the healing hut on Atlantic macroing peacemaking all day long, just to bring peace and harmony to West Brit. (I'd be on another shard playing the game and would keep an eye out for a GM, because players kept paging because Father's player was "afk", and never spoke to anyone except the guards and GMs!)

I made a lot of people mad at me so I assume it works pretty well on players.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

MatronDeWinter wrote: The only use I have found for the skill (that warrents wasting 100 points for it, not to count music), is to grief macroers. It's remotely entertaining to run around and peacemake people who are macroing in their houses with fighters and stuff.
Its for field on these fronts
1.) It causes frustrations even with attack last
2.) It causes aggroed mobs to retarget...say when you draw aggro in pvp combat on the field, its faster then provoke in that regard
3.) It can break all provocation...which can be downright deadly in (T2A) lost land hotspots
4.) You can kite spawn by peacemaking them all and just attacking one from a distance, like entice but effective on all spawn while luring just one. Good for luring tameable creatures from a diverse aggressive mob or a single balron
5.) No one is constantly attacking last especially in group fights...let's be real here, the peacer is not a solo artist in pvp

Of course peace and provoke is very good in training using monsters whether they are tamed or not tameable in a numerous ways. (Such to control the targets of lured wisps alternating them amongst your pets)

There may be other things, but the lack of time keeps me from thinking on them too deeply. I will say a combat peacer should have several instruments set to hot key in order to psych out opponents
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.