Castle courtyards saying "that is blocked" when teleporting

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
bismuth

Castle courtyards saying "that is blocked" when teleporting

Post by bismuth »

Even when there is nothing there to block the tile.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Castle courtyards saying "that is blocked" when teleport

Post by nightshark »

you cant teleport from inside a house to the outside i believe
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

nightshark wrote:you cant teleport from inside a house to the outside i believe
You can't teleport from outside to the inside. A while back people complained because towers were being placed near castles allowing people to teleport over into the courtyard.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

you should be able to teleport from tower wing into castle courtyard if properly placed..

the reason you are unable to teleport is due to a LoS patch derrick implemented to fix the bug allowing players to teleport inside the walls of a keep
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

No, you could teleport into the walls of a keep long after teleporting from a tower to a castle courtyard was ever possible.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

right, well it still stands that you should be able to do such, there was never a restriction on teleporting into castle courtyards, as long as you had the LoS to do such
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

Curious about this scenario:

You are inside the castles front walls and you open the back door to the court yard, you can't teleport from that one tile to the courtyard tile?

bismuth

Post by bismuth »

Pacifico wrote:Curious about this scenario:

You are inside the castles front walls and you open the back door to the court yard, you can't teleport from that one tile to the courtyard tile?
Yes unfortunately that is the case. I managed to get into someone's front doors but couldn't "seal the deal" and mark a rune in their courtyard due to this ridiculous tile blocking that is going on.

It's completely inaccurate and it is unfortunate that this was ever put in the game. If people don't want teleporting into their castle, be sure to control enough land to prevent towers directly beside you.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree and will try to fix this. Sandro is correct in that this was part of the solution to the Keep wall problem.

Update: Fixed on testcenter, will be in next patch.
Last edited by Derrick on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: update
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

The fix, will the tower scenario be nerfed still? What exactly is era accurate for this case, both what i describe and tower flap teleporting?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yeah, I am curious how this effects the tower-castle scenatio. I don't know what is accurate.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There should be no prevention of teleport into castle courtyards as long as you are in range and have LOS. The maximum range for teleport is accurate on UOSA, but the blocking of teleporting into house "regions" was not. I was able to prevent the teleporting into Keeps underneath the wall though a more specific method that does not effect teleporting into castle courtyards; whether you can actually get LOS from a tower and be close enough is a different question, which only experimentation will be able to answer. These changes are now on test center.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”