Recruitment is Now Closed

benny-

Recruitment is Now Closed

Post by benny- »

This last month has brought us a number of new recruits, our number of members nearly doubling in a short amount of time. While all of our newest recruits have worked out so far and seem to be a great addition, our guild is rapidly growing at a pace I don't want to see continue.

Our focus has always been to develop an active guild with steady activity, however becoming a large guild with countless players has never been my intention. In my experiences, large guilds bring a slew of problems....

Accountability is lost amongst the many members, opening up potential for grief. Differences begin developing amongst so many members, bringing rivalries and drama. Overall such guilds become hard to maintain and keep consistent.

Therefore with having already developed a sizable and active guild and wanting to prevent such problems that an open door policy can create, recruitment is now closed.

This decision didn't come lightly, as I've always been glad to run a guild that would welcome and accept new players into it's ranks. But I feel that should we continue on at this pace, it is only a matter of time before problems arise.

Players referred to us will now be turned away and (hopefully) redirected to other guilds similar to ours (The Immortal Lords, for example, seems to be a great new guild with an approach similar to ours.)

Should the guild or a single member find someone that they would like to bring into the guild, that person may be considered. Recruitment, from here on out, will be us choosing our newest Recruits.

Again, the decision didn't come lightly. But my aim is to keep and maintain the great group of players we already have. I hope I have everyone's support in the matter.
- Elisud

Pirul

Re: Recruitment is Now Closed

Post by Pirul »

benny- wrote:This last month has brought us a number of new recruits, our number of members nearly doubling in a short amount of time. While all of our newest recruits have worked out so far and seem to be a great addition, our guild is rapidly growing at a pace I don't want to see continue.

Our focus has always been to develop an active guild with steady activity, however becoming a large guild with countless players has never been my intention. In my experiences, large guilds bring a slew of problems....

Accountability is lost amongst the many members, opening up potential for grief. Differences begin developing amongst so many members, bringing rivalries and drama. Overall such guilds become hard to maintain and keep consistent.

Therefore with having already developed a sizable and active guild and wanting to prevent such problems that an open door policy can create, recruitment is now closed.

This decision didn't come lightly, as I've always been glad to run a guild that would welcome and accept new players into it's ranks. But I feel that should we continue on at this pace, it is only a matter of time before problems arise.

Players referred to us will now be turned away and (hopefully) redirected to other guilds similar to ours (The Immortal Lords, for example, seems to be a great new guild with an approach similar to ours.)

Should an existing member want to bring in a specific player (such as a close friend), exceptions can be made.

Again, the decision didn't come lightly. But my aim is to keep and maintain the great group of players we already have. I hope I have everyone's support in the matter.
I can vouch that this decission did not come lightly as it was something worthy of a lengthy discussion. I fully support the initiative, and hope that this way our guild can become even closer.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

I certainly understand the decision. C^V has enough people that it has become consistently active, though admittedly for a relatively small portion of the day. We still have plenty to focus on developing as a guild, as I'm more or less still a worthless newbie.

Long live C^V!

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

I am just happy I made it in before this decision was made. I am very happy with this guild, and I hope to be a long-time member (when I become a full Member, of course)
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

While I more than anyone can understand the reasons for making this call, it's unfortunate that I no longer have a guild to suggest to new players.