Instant Guard Whacked looting blue corpse?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
uofuntime

Instant Guard Whacked looting blue corpse?

Post by uofuntime »

Hello, I don't know if this is a bug but:

Blue corpse on ground. No npcs/players in sight. I loot the corpse, instant guard whacked. I was in a two story building inside a room (no npcs in sight). There were npcs on the ground floor though. There were people macroing a few screens away "guards guards" outside far from the building. Is that what caused the guard whack? Or maybe the npc on the ground floor? Another time I got guard whacked trying to loot a blue corpse when the npc was in another room. Is this era accurate or should the npcs have line of sight before calling guards? Come to think of it... I don't recall them saying "Guards, catch that swine!". Both situations had macroers yelling guards a few screens away.

Any ideas? Don't think the ghost called guards otherwise I'd see a "OooOoO".

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Instant Guard Whacked looting blue corpse?

Post by Hicha »

More than likely it was another player spamming guards which caused you to get killed. I think its BS; the player should have line of sight on you in order to call guards to begin with.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

I agree.. But I'm guessing it's era accurate?

oh darn I think I found the answer:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18077

"There is no LOS for calling guards"

Darn!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is no LOS for calling guards, however NPC's should not call guards on corpse lootings.

Looking into this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."