Invulnerable Tag

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Re: Invulnerable Tag

Post by Derrick »

Ram wrote:I'm thinking if you were to just run up to this group, only the names would show, and not the [invulnerable] tag.
The show incoming names option only simulates clicking on each mobile, there could be no difference in this respect.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ram

Post by Ram »

Today I noticed that when you press Ctrl-Shift, it only shows the name and color and no other tags. Of course this feature did not exist back in T2A and in not era accurate, but effectively it's only displaying the name and color information similar to what I recall. So I wonder if at some point this information is what was displayed when approaching players and things have just been changed around.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Ram wrote:Today I noticed that when you press Ctrl-Shift, it only shows the name and color and no other tags. Of course this feature did not exist back in T2A and in not era accurate, but effectively it's only displaying the name and color information similar to what I recall. So I wonder if at some point this information is what was displayed when approaching players and things have just been changed around.
Ctrl shift is just a feature of the newer client. All it does is pull the client art information (which is only attached to a generic name). This is why "a magic katana" will still read as "a katana" in the ctrl-shift.

All Names and "Show incomming" are late(er) additions to the client as well, though I dont know for sure if they were in T2A (unless you cound UOassist, which I seem to remember having an "incomming names" option.

All of this has nothing to do with how mobiles are processed. The "invulnerable" tag was (at some point) appended to the mobile name. Displaying the name is handled by the server, which is why when the save is going on, you can still ctrl-shift and see items/names, but mobiles will show as grey blank tags (because during the save the server is not passing that information to the client). As far as I know, this is the only information taken from the server that the ctrl-shift function uses, and even then it's probably taken from a cache in the client, that is updated whenever it is used.

swaswj

Post by swaswj »

MatronDeWinter wrote:All Names and "Show incomming" are late(er) additions to the client as well, though I dont know for sure if they were in T2A (unless you cound UOassist, which I seem to remember having an "incomming names" option.
Both of those were part of T2A. I never used UOAssist, but I had AllNames macro'd to 'q' -- I'm not sure why 'q' -- and I remember finding out about "show incoming names" shortly before the Trinsic invasion. I do have screenshots to verify, but don't know if it's that important in this thread.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Yea if you read the patch notes you can actually see where this is patched in (show incoming names). I'm not going to bother looking it up now, but I believe it's the same patch that brought in attacklast and a few other features.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE